my gti, :-)

Thanks, :D

heres the pics from the garage :D

total bill for it is 1050 cash ;) inc my MOT which runs out on monday :)
the bill is for;
removing the engine and putting it back in, stripping it fully, boring the block +0.5mm, slight head skim, clean and acid dip all nessesary parts, paint block, lighten the crank (was prevoiusly lightened on my last build last year) and balanced the (L-R) crank pully, crank, flywheel and clutch ie the crank assembly so the whole bottom end it balanced sweet as, race bearings on the crank-rods, lightening the rods some more too, and replacing every part with new stuff which i had bought previously,

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

you can see slightly on the rods H beam section where they have shaved some metal off to lighten them, where they go from a round edge near the top by the piston and becomes a flatter surface :D

DSC00007.jpg

hear the head not cleaned yet but you can see where they have edged off the valve seats and some polishing

DSC00010.jpg

some of the inlet porting and polishing

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

and my crank, :D see where they have taken some of the metal surface and drills some holes all smoooooth

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

to get all this done inc porting and polishing the head inc ALL parts and not boring the pistons they charge £1680 cash ;) which is what i paid last year when i had it done that inc lightening the flywheel too, removing and instslling the engine also,
all that lightening got me 144lbft of torque so it def made some improvements, :D
cant wait to get it back :D

Proper dopper build lol.
I'd be there scratching my head wondering if it was ever gonna run again hahaha.
These guys obviously know they're shit.
Your Turbo better be back before the meet! Joe

haha, i think joes already got that :D
only if the turbo is on tho, just sorted out my monies for my new turbo looking hopefull :D
might get some sponsership money from my dad fingers crossed :D
rang the garage today and they have already got it all back together with the new bored out pistons in etc
awww im so excited hahaha
massive grin on my face :D:D:D:D

I bet you'll be making more than 250whp at 21psi...probably more like 300whp. Don't know what the safe boost limit is of a T28 though, only one way to find out hey? haha

Shame your not getting your hands dirty though....Will the build have any warranty/responsibility with the company if you bend a rod or blow a hole in the block?

i would love to get my hands dirty kurt, but id rather let the pros do it, but lack of special tools, knowledge, space, time and a girlfriend dont permit me to do it, haha
all their work is covered with 1 years warranty, but not the engine, althoughthey are very reasonalbe people and are always very willing to help, ive been going there for about 2 years for all the technical jobs i cant really do,
not to worry tho as they did a super job last time :D
as for power ill just wait and see, :D
the turbo will have all new internals all upgraded from the origonal T28 but just using the housing basicly, :D so its technically not the origonal but still look identical :)

moving along very swiftly, excellent stuff

Am i missing something here, is the bill 1050 or 1680? lol

max safe boost for stock T28 is around 1.2 bar, if its a hybrid with 360 bearings etc then you can go up to 1.6 bar

Hey I think i was the first to ask Stu for a ride actually guys :P ;)

Coming along well :) I just found out last week I was less than a mile from where you're getting this done. So you'd defo recommend Engine Advantages then?

yeah thats right wezz, about 1.6 bar, its gonna have 360 bearings etc just like you said :D

edk i am getting it all done at TK engineering 20 mins from my house, not engine advantages :D

as for the prices it cost me 1680 last year getting it ported, polished, crank etc lightened,

this time im paying 1050 inc mot, so 1k, for more lightening and everything they did last time but boring too, but no head work apart from a skim :D

wow......

i cant wait to see your lady up and running stu....

hopefully it will be at the meet on the 31st if i can get to it!!...

yeah mate itll be there :D
hope you can come there is usually about 100 jap cars + turn out so should be good :D

i popped in there today and got another pic, when i first saw my car i thought they had already put the engine back in as is was quite low, but they hadnt :D

but it is just the way ive set my coilovers up :lol:

DSC00021.jpg

popped into the garage yesterday to drop off a chain guide,

got some more pics of the block rebuilt :D
they had balanced the rods/pistons to the exact same weight, not to within a gram but to the same gram, so itll be one smooth/strong/reliable running engine

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

called them today and they have got the whole engine rebult,
just got to drill/tap and hole in the block for the oil return pipe for the turbo :D

so hopefully ill be getting it back thursday/friday :D

yippee :D:D:D:D

And the cleanest block award goes to stu...

Looks mint. Could you not shave quite a lot of weight off the car by getting some of the non-essential bits of the block removed? There's got to be a lot of weight to be saved doing that...

Back
Top Bottom