my gti, :-)

gti kurt - the inlet has been advanced by 2 degress,

tommo - on pull off there it is not as powerfull up to abt 2-3k then it increases smoothly up to 4.5-5 then its an animal :-) like earlier off a set off lights, the ground was slighly damp, i pulled of slowly to get the bite pulling away a 2k, then floor'd it on full throttle and it gripped really good, then got to 5k then the wheels spun up!!!! and blasted to 7k then changed to second followed by loads of spin and torque steer, Ooo what great fun, defo bring a smile to my face!!!

mera red gti - run the cams for abt 5 mins at 2-3k
the cams were fitted yesterday soi drove them about 100miles before the remap n dyno

tommo - but what i want to know is ? was the dyno i had done today acurate? or was the people that done it last time faking it?

also ive searched up and our gti's have 131 lbft standard and last year i had a full engine rebuild and in the process everything was lightened and balanced! it just dont add up, i though i would end up having about 180bhp not -1!!!
i dunno

even then tho the machine is only as good as the person setting it up on the day!
only true way to know it its set-up correct is for a stnd well maintained GTi to go on 1st and run 140 - 143bhp.
then you know its pretty damn close.

david

here is my engine spec,

piper ultimate rad cams (270's)
adjustable sprockets

other than today this is my full engine spec

the only parts i did NOT have when i last had it dyno etc last year was decat pipe, clutch, FPR

full engine rebuild comprimising off;
maximum head skim
port matched the manifolds
ported the head
gas flowed and polished head
valves angles
lightened n balanced flywheel
lightened n balanced crank assembly n crank pully

magnecore kv85's
induction kit
4-2-1 header
straight through exhast system with decat
single plate organic clutch
solid engine mounts
fse 255 fuel pump
fse FPR
uni Q chip

i was just wondering if your exhaust system might be strangling the engine, with big cams in it will need to breathe better than your original set up i would have thought

Dissapointimg figures.

So the cams were fitted. You took it for a `quick spin` then dyno`d the car, right? * EDIT* read it properly, still would have took it futher before a dyno run.

Sometimes you`re best sticking to the tried and tested methods like JWT s3rs and OE spec cam timing....then keeping it simple and not messing with the ecu. This is what i`ve done, and thats probably why i`ve got 30whp more than you. :)

check out the ambient temps on the two runs. the first is 15c, the 2nd is 26c. it would have a bit of a bearing on the result aswell. results don't seem right though.

Back
Top Bottom