my gti, :-)

yep i was using the same fuel, i think they just havent set the cams up properly, i have been out tonight with ozzy from the forum and before i even got my cams ime and him would be dead level!! now his overtaking (slowly tho) and ive stripped my car out!!! basilcaly the cams have made a difference in terms of where and when the power comes in but ive just lost the edge, i reckon its the torque? as the new dyno reads 126!! rather 144 from before! im also thinking of putting the old sprokets in and running the cams on them?
its all just really f----ng me off now :-(

get some S3R's stu and sell the pipers :D with them having longer duration the power band will have moved futher down the graph, you can see peak torque has moved up 300rpms and your power up 800rpms

check out the ambient temps on the two runs. the first is 15c, the 2nd is 26c. it would have a bit of a bearing on the result aswell. results don't seem right though.

Shouldn`t do the results are SAE corrected.

get some S3R's stu and sell the pipers :D with them having longer duration the power band will have moved futher down the graph, you can see peak torque has moved up 300rpms and your power up 800rpms

Yeah the peak power is nearly at the rev limit now.

Stu, try dialing the the cams to OE spec and see how you get on first. They also may have installed them wrong. Set no1 cylinder to TDC and count the chain link pins between the timing marks on the sprockets, you should have 20.

Was the timing checked after wards?

Stu, check out this thread on MSC, read the bottom post.

http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=22225

"and while the engines were out, it gave me a chance to measure the cam timings properly
the pipers have LESS duration than the standard 1.3,s at valve opening settings
i cant check the industry standard (@ 1mm open) settings till i find my dial guage, but i,ll put money that its nowere near the claimed 272deg "

It isnt the same engine (It's for a micra CG engine) but it is odd to think you're having problems when the micra ones from the same manufacturer are proven to have less duration.

right found out why, ive lost bhp n lbft, rang piper and perfect touch some more and we all came to conlclusion of...... the cams LIFT is to great for my type of N/A engine, so they are gonna swap them for the ones below the fast roads, does this sound about right?

They`re hardly that big! s3r`s are 262* with iirc the same or more lift!....explain that piper.

*EDIT*

JWT s3rs 11.43 lift

PIPER 11.61 lift

.....hardly any different. The JWT C3 cam is 13.36 lift!

Well havent posted much up about my car for a while and just got all my bits together today for the engine rebuild and other service parts,
pulsar gtir bttom end kit
100_1788.jpg

gti head set kit
100_1790.jpg

gtir headset kit
100_1791.jpg
100_1792.jpg

headbolts set
100_1794.jpg

2 track rod ends
100_1796.jpg

passenger wishbone and ball joint (all ready got a new drivers side on it)
100_1798.jpg

COMPLETE timing chain kit chain, guides, tensioner, gaskets, 2X sprokets, cog etc
100_1800.jpg

brake fluid and ebc red stuff pads (getting new discs in jan when i fit the pads)
100_1801.jpg
100_1811.jpg

costings
100_1805.jpg

other items ive bought but not here yet are;
Odyssey PC680 battery and termnial kit,
Hybrid (HDI) FMIC,
ARP conrod bolts

and what my parents are getting me for Xmas/birthday :)
100_1803.jpg

Stuart :D

cheers kurt, :)
dunno why i got so much, thats just what they gave me, although what i dont use i can get my money back on, :)

yeah but i gotta bleed the whole system :)
all 4 corners lke get all the old crap out, especially if im hitting them tracks with joe next year :D
i reckon ill use about 2.5 bottles
:D

dunno cov, i just ordered it and bought it, iv seen some a bit cheeoer on ebay etc but not much cheaper,
oooh paul ive ordered them rear swing arm bushes, antiroll bar bushes and the other front ones :Dcheers mate

Give it a few coats of paint and some waxoyl before you fit the wishbones stu, mine will need replacing soon, thinking of powdercoating as they rust up a fair bit.

dunno cov, i just ordered it and bought it, iv seen some a bit cheeoer on ebay etc but not much cheaper,
oooh paul ive ordered them rear swing arm bushes, antiroll bar bushes and the other front ones :Dcheers mate

thinik i got my delphi wushbones for 25 each, couldnt get them trade grrr

hehe good move on the polys, the wishbone polys are much harder than the engine mount polyurethane. dont know why.

thats a point, are all almera Anti roll bars teh same diameter?

Back
Top Bottom