My 'mera GX 1.6

Apoligies Fred, head was up my arse last night. I was sure it was fitted with the Si mid section but Rick who did it for me thinks he put the GTi mid section on. I know I deffintly wrote in my Si member thread what we used but at work at the moment and don't have time to search my old thread to double check.

GA-Engines Exhaust are just 43mm diameter and the GTI something like 51mm i think, so the bolt diameter is different after the catalytic converter. the cat fits in both cars!
the back box from a gti don't will fit on a GA-mid section!

nice car! lovely low mileage. :D

Take care the gaskets are included, better to change them when you don't want to use any exhaust paste. between mid section and back box it is just a O-ring.

my old Si had a janspeed GTi back box on it, and i needed the GTi centre section for that. if you can get hold of one, the janspeed back boxes are great, not too loud and nice and subtle, plus there really really well made, couldnt fault mine at all and it was 2 years old when i got it iirc.

get some GTi wheels on there, SRi bumper and lowered and it will look great

my old Si had a janspeed GTi back box on it, and i needed the GTi centre section for that. if you can get hold of one, the janspeed back boxes are great, not too loud and nice and subtle, plus there really really well made, couldnt fault mine at all and it was 2 years old when i got it iirc.

I`ve got a 2nd hand Janspeed backbox on mine, & it makes a nice growl, on it`s own, but coupled with the SSA Header, it roars. :cool:

Alternatively you can get a nice backbox from Sebring for around the same price and they go straight on to the 1.4/1.6 centre sections.

right now im liking the sound of repplacing the mid section and backbox as i assume the larger bore most of the way through will enhance the engines breathing.

Don't want anything to O.T.T cause i use this car for work and it doesn't look too professional turning up to a meeting and they knew you were coming from ten miles away.

can anyone explain what difference swapping the 1.6 exhaust to a GTi exhaust will make. i have a rough idea but would appreciate someone to actually let me know. cheers

I have just put this set up on my 1.4. Can't begine to tell you how much better it is. Runs smoother and revs better. Not loud but louder than before. And looks loads better.

IIRC it's just bigger bore, should fit on the mounts, they can alays be persuaded with a ahmmer if they're a little bit off.

Back
Top Bottom