My N15 Gti

Thought i'd make a proper thread for the gti. I'll put all the recent pictures i have of it in this thread.

SUC50137-1.jpg

SUC50001.jpg

P1010418.jpg

P1010416.jpg

Image004.jpg

Image002.jpg

HolidayGti2.jpg

HolidayGti1.jpg

HolidayGti3.jpg

More pics to come, when i return from francais!

syms said:
looks sweet mate, but its 1 thread per car, you have 2 or 3 at least :p
lol yeah but if you look, neither of them are in the section. They're hidden away and olnly findable through a search! ;)

syms said:
one is on the 3rd page of member ride's :confused: Titled: Spray Work So Far
Third page?? I only see the choice of two. Thats a bit random!

corbs said:
One fine automobile! Howcome you have the OMP strut brace on the front though?
Because the k-sport bolt is too small to fit the OE strut brace without modification. I keep meaning to mod the strutbrace bracket but ive not had the right tools to do it.

Simcard said:
Third page?? I only see the choice of two. Thats a bit random!

probably because you have set it at the bottom to "Show only last month's" were as i have it on "Show last 6months", use you brain matey!

Well i'll be! Been on here a year and haven't even noticed that. I always assumed that it was from the time the forum had a little overhaul!

TBH mate I think it looks pretty much perfect from the outside, I wouldnt change a thing! Just get the engine power up!

Corbs said:
TBH mate I think it looks pretty much perfect from the outside, I wouldnt change a thing! Just get the engine power up!
Ive been looking into the SR20VE's, can get one shipped for around £1k. ITs the one they put in the p12 my friend tells me!

Simcard said:
Ive been looking into the SR20VE's, can get one shipped for around £1k. ITs the one they put in the p12 my friend tells me!
wouldn't it be cheaper putting a SR20DET from a Pulsar in it ?
your going to have to rewire the Loom any way. apart from that the SR20DET parts are easy to find compared to the SR20VE's

or you could have a SR20VE+T :p

how about the gear box ? on the other hand my Almera N16 P2 has a hydrological clutch and throttle cable im not sure if the P12's use a Hydrological system but if it does its a bit more of a night mare.

Well the SR20DET is the other option, however, your only ever going to need between 220bhp and 240bhp before the fwd car becomes too stupid to drive. So if you get this output from a N/A, its going to me smoother all the way through... not to mention more reliable. As for the clutch and 6-speed box they come with, my friend reckons its not a problem. Someone on here's done it, darchitect off the top of my head. Its well worth looking into i reckon. Either way, the gti needs more power and a fidanza flywheel aint gunna cut it.

You dont need to rewire the loom for vvl? Who said that? It's a few plugs and the ecu, along with a piggyback ecu that need changing IIRC.

Corbs said:
You dont need to rewire the loom for vvl? Who said that? It's a few plugs and the ecu, along with a piggyback ecu that need changing IIRC.
im not sure if you need to mod the loom now but I am sure you need to mod the SR20DET loom. apart from that darchitect's N15 SR20VE is not running properly. he may have sorted things out but i am not sure

Corbs said:
Yeah he needs a sr16ve ecu for it to run properly, paul_d_gti did that and it worked.
apparently the SR16VE ECU with a Piggy back system works and has a high red line compared to the SR20VE ECU

If thats the 6 spd box out the primera, I think its an auto or a CVT, dont think its manual. you would need to rewire the loom for the SR20DET as its an older version of the SR20 thats in the GTiRs. darren can i just ask if you know what you're talking about? and can you explain the theory of "hydrological" clutches

Back
Top Bottom