My N15's - Nymo and Stevo

Corbalicious

Staff member
To be updated with pics of the 'final 2007' state.

NYMO
1996 Almera SRi

Engine: 1598cc GA16DE, cold air intake, GTi cat-back with 4" powerflow backbox
Wheels/Suspension: GTi shocks and -40mm Jamex springs, GTi alloys with 195/50R15 tyres
Bodywork: Smoothed bootlid with GTi spoiler, phase 1 GTi bodykit, mesh grille, phase 2 lights (de-globed indicators), clear side repeaters, punto rear wiper
ICE: 10" Xplode subwoofer, xplode amplifier
Other: Reversing sensors

STEVO
1996 Almera GTi

Engine: 1998cc SR20DE, 3.5" powerflow backbox
Wheels/Suspension: Black GTi wheels with polished lip
Bodywork: Half tinted P1 rear lights, tinted side repeaters
ICE: 10 disc CD changer

Look Nice Matey. How Much Is A 96 Sri Worth In Red. As Someone Near Me Is Selling One For 400 Quid Ono. Has A Black Bonnet And Smoothed Tailgate Like Yours In Black With Gti Spoiler On It. Is It Worth 400 Quid?

Sounds a bit strange to me, but I always put mine down as being worth £700-£800 (130k on the clock) regardless of mods. May be worth a look, SRi's are pretty good cars. You may even be able to break it and make some money back depending on spec.
Cheers

Just a little more detail on the 1st 'mods' of the year....
2007-01-04046.jpg

A DiY cold air intake, made from the tubing from an old K and N, sealed to the hacksawed-off end of the old intake, running straight into the wing (and thence the suteki/whatever i decide to do).
The engine bay needs cleaning... but low on list of priorities atm.
2007-01-04059.jpg

Reversing sensors... to protect the smoothed boot from my stupidity.. got them for £17 off ebay as a kit, wired into the reversing lights in the bootlid which was a bit of a job taking the wires around to the control unit and bumper! The wires themselves need a bit of tidying, but at least it works atm! I only installed the middle two (Out of 4) and TBH they blend in much better than I thought they would! I guess its just down to them being situated in the 'busy' part of the bumper.
2007-01-04058.jpg

As seen here and the above pictures, the rear splitter is now on! Looks so much better than before, really makes the back of the car 'sit down', which I suppose lowering will complete, along with the sideskirts.

That air tube looks bad! Remove the whole air filter box and fasten a sports filter on the tube (like i did).

I have pretty mutch the same tube in my enginbay! - I don´t believe that mod you have done gives more hp, or more air....

Nice pics, and the grill is definentaly bether looking now!

prizma said:
and the grill is definentaly bether looking now!
Got to agree there, glad I removed the badges :cool:
The tube 'should' be giving more air, as there are now no resonator boxes in the system, and the air outside the engine bay is colder to start with, along with the silvery stuff inside the tube keeping it cool.
If I end up keeping this engine, then I'll clean the whole bay up and get a proper filter and stainless stee intake :)

If I had those cars I would have the GTi front splitter back on the GTi and the custom grill on it too.

Those rear lights on Stevo look sweeeeeeet:thumbs: Just needs the wiper mod and it would look really good.

Thats the plan, I'm going to get hold of a phase 2 grille to make into a duplicate mesh one (I think that the one on the SRi is either a Ph2 one adapted or an MSDesigns one), and to swap the bumpers back over (Lets face it, it looks bloody silly without!). May get a laguna splitter until i can afford a proper one for the SRi though.
I was thinking of maybe a Phase 2 numberplate surround for the GTi to complement the lights, I do like the look of them and they go really well with the black wheels!

i like your cold air intake, you could also file all the ridges from the insides of the air box as well. i think it would benefit from a larger feed pipe but its a good idea you have and i think it'll work well as its nice and direct. do you have one of them mouth things on the other end of the feed pipe in the wing?

sri_alan said:
i like your cold air intake, you could also file all the ridges from the insides of the air box as well. i think it would benefit from a larger feed pipe but its a good idea you have and i think it'll work well as its nice and direct. do you have one of them mouth things on the other end of the feed pipe in the wing?
Cheers, just went out and had a look, didnt realise the inside of the airbox was covered in cross hatches! Very restrictive, I'll get the dremel on it when I can. I don't have one of those snazzy bell mouth things like Kurt has on his GTi, it's just a plastic tip, why?

i like both them cars!! Especially the smoothed boot and the black wheels.. seems like you like your almera's, and in black lol..

That cold air feed is mental!! never seen nothing like that lol!! Is it actually effective though??

just having a laff there, 1 of the pics.. you can see the old astra just poking through.. reminded me of the FHM thing ''who the hell are you'' hahha..

Corbs said:
Cheers, just went out and had a look, didnt realise the inside of the airbox was covered in cross hatches! Very restrictive, I'll get the dremel on it when I can. I don't have one of those snazzy bell mouth things like Kurt has on his GTi, it's just a plastic tip, why?

i just wondered, it might make the airflow into the pipe a bit less turbulent. whether that matters though, i dont know. the one kurt has is a larger pipercross one. you can get smaller pipercross ones that would fit your ducting.

still remember you posting up pictures of Nymo a while ago, took one look at them and thought you would never get it even half decent, its looking great now! you have done a great job transforming it, boot is nice aswell. Stevo looks tidy aswell, the black wheels seem to suit it better than they did on Nymo imo

if you ever want to get rid of the lights on Stevo then let me know, what im after but i dont want to risk destroying my current lights

the plastic bit on the front like on my old pipercross viper is called a ram. Hence when used with a pipe its called a rampipe

kow_gti said:
i like both them cars!! Especially the smoothed boot and the black wheels.. seems like you like your almera's, and in black lol..

That cold air feed is mental!! never seen nothing like that lol!! Is it actually effective though??

just having a laff there, 1 of the pics.. you can see the old astra just poking through.. reminded me of the FHM thing ''who the hell are you'' hahha..
Haha yeah that astra is just like that! Poking it's head in where its not wanted lol!
Since there is no vent for the cold air feed yet, it's the same as it was without the intake pipe, which to me seemed better than the standard set up! Sounded nice too! Going to try cable tie-ing it to the inside of the grille as a test though.
You should know that black is best ;)

sri_alan said:
you can get smaller pipercross ones that would fit your ducting.
Good idea, once I mesh the open part of the bumper I can attatch the mouth to the inside of the mesh until the side vent is done!

Thanks Sprint, I definately think the black wheels suit the GTi, with the tail lights and indicator surrounds as well!
Nymo's been a long journey so far but there's plenty of life left in her! It's a lot of elbow grease but well worth it!
Have you thought about getting a spare set of rear lights and trying it out? Thats what I did, the lights on Stevo are Nymo's original ones I had lying around!

Thanks all for the comments :cool:

Just thought I'd update the thread with the SRi's progress.
Pic of the white dials and buttons (Which were a bastard to do!)
IMGP3735.jpg

The dial surround is really cool (way better than the blue one on the GTi) as it glows up when you switch the lights on at night.

This week I've been de-rusting the arches, as said elsewhere it's not an amazing job but I'm satisfied and it looks way better than rust or filler!
Half way through (Before sanding and spraying again)
IMGP3737.jpg

Almost finished
IMGP3738.jpg

I also sprayed the front mesh black at last, which tidies the bumper up loads!
IMGP3739.jpg

Gave it a quick wash and a few pics (Needs waxing)
IMGP3740.jpg

IMGP3743.jpg

IMGP3741.jpg

And the last 2 mods, SRi 'stealth' sticker courtesy of Damo_sri! (The dot on the i is a bit wonky so I'll refit it when I can)
IMGP3742.jpg

And the front GTi strut brace that bolts straight onto the GTi suspension :cool:
IMGP3744.jpg

Is that primered shot the final prime? coz surely all that unsanded filler will show through on the paint? (all be it not in the photos).

The stealth badge looks awesome though Damo, i'd get some for the nx but i think it'd look like knightrider:(

Back
Top Bottom