My N15's - Nymo and Stevo

K33 ELV said:
Is that primered shot the final prime? coz surely all that unsanded filler will show through on the paint? (all be it not in the photos).
Well noted my feline friend, after that layer dried I took to it with the sandpaper to get rid of those nasty ridges-the arches as they are now are slightly dimpled as my skills arent perfect just yet, but I'm satisfied!
Thanks!

IMGP3743.jpg

Are you sure thats been sanded? It doesnt look smooth at all on the arch

It was, honestly! :lol: If you see it in person it really isnt very smooth (More so than the picture, but that was mainly just due to me getting pissed off and fed up with it (lack of skill and experience there - will do it better next time).
When I come to do the GTi's ones in a few weeks time I'm going to be a bit more thorough and with more patience, as it will stand out more on a 3-door I should imagine :roll:

Just had a post-euphoria moment and yeah they will need touching up ;) but ah well bugger it! They are black for now and thats all that I care about!

thumps up for having a go yourself mate, have always wanted to have a go at bodywork but i talk myself out of it, was going to have a go at mine but ended up paying someone to do it.

come a long way since you joined mate, does need lowering though imo, it actually looks alot higher than mine used to at the front :confused:

Been getting a bit more practice on Stevo today, my work is still miles away from bodyshop standard, but here's a little run through:
Rust ground off:
2007-03-02001.jpg

Filler (Before sanding)
2007-03-02005.jpg

Coat 1 of 5:
2007-03-02009.jpg

The rain came down before I could laquer it! Ah well, will have to remember to do it tomorrow:
2007-03-02010.jpg

And nice white dial surround to match nymo's:
2007-03-02008.jpg

Also tuppence to anyone who knows what this means ;) :
IMGP3748.jpg

:D Good work - shame a bout the Rain!

Oh yeah that says Fujiwara Tofu Shop! I'm not Japanese but have seen that film (Initial D) bit cheesy but amazing how they do all those drift stunts!

Will be getting one of those myself soon - Can't find a large one in white though! So may have to go for Red! My car is black too!

corbs, what typa filler you using, i'm about to start my own de-rusting, taking my time with it :)
just need to get materials and paint now, i wish i had a black car, so much easier to colour match and blend, lol

it looks good for a home job, hope mine works as well :)

Corbs, are you planning on getting that done professionally at some point? coz i can still see the bodge through the paint when i shouldnt be able to! though thats fine if its just to stop the rust till our next lot of student loan.

K33 ELV said:
Corbs, are you planning on getting that done professionally at some point? coz i can still see the bodge through the paint when i shouldnt be able to! though thats fine if its just to stop the rust till our next lot of student loan.
Yeah lol its called a full body respray.

haha Good plan, in the same colour? you could take advantage of the black (e.g. when its resprayed the engine bay and any interior bits on show will still remain neutral) and get it done a non-N15 colour :cool:

Good idea that, although would probably end up staying loyal to good old KH3! Partially the plan is to just work on getting better at doing it myself, it's loads of practice needed and I had 2 clear slates sitting here!

Keiran, the filler was some stuff called metalik I got at halfords.

KH3 black done properly and looked after, really makes the N15 stand out I reckon.

on the other hand, if you don't look after it it looks pants, like mine :D.

i have got a feeling the pictures wont do it justice anyway, when i got the buckets off you me and my dad were having a good luck at Nymo and were both suprised how good it looked for a first time DIY job, was obviously not proffesional if you dont mind me saying but it didnt stand out much and i could put money on it being better than what was there before it

sprint said:
i have got a feeling the pictures wont do it justice anyway, when i got the buckets off you me and my dad were having a good luck at Nymo and were both suprised how good it looked for a first time DIY job, was obviously not proffesional if you dont mind me saying but it didnt stand out much and i could put money on it being better than what was there before it
Thats good then! Basically I would rather have it the way it is now than the ugly rust scar it was before, and since this way is pretty much free I cant argue. Now there is just black there I'm not ashamed of the look of the car anymore. The less the bodge stands out is obviously a good thing! :cool:

Little update: Nymo has now been taken off the road as the clutch is next to useless, the driverside CV joint boot burst and the joint itself fried and is almost dead, there is still a rust hole in the nearside sill that needs welding up, the bodykit is incomplete, it isnt lowered, the exhaust needs a backbox and probably some more things that I can't afford with the amount I was spending on insurance, tax and petrol. She'll be off for about 2 months minimum I should think while I save to get her all tarted up. Meanwhile check out my micra thread for my current runabout.

The GTi is running fine, incidentally, well, 1 out of 3 isnt bad!

hope you get nymo back on the road soon.

When i had my clutch changed not long ago the gearbox end passenger cv joint boot split and splattered grease everywhere in my engine bay, got the boot replaced the next day, shouldnt have drove it really but i got away with it as it didnt fry.

If you want you can have the standard back box off my almera for nothing but no one wants a pea shooter, but if your stuck then yano.

lol sorry that should have read a good backbox, standard one is fine just a bit... erm...small! Thanks though! Sounds like I've had similar problems to you.

No love lost between me and nymo though, just a bit fed up of having to use no more than a quarter throttle on shifting up!

Back
Top Bottom