My N16 Almera

Reconsider Paul. You won't regret it.

I was afraid of the exhaust being too loud when I got mine done, I told CAS that, and when I'm driving along just pottering about you can hardly make it out. Its pretty loud on full chat though.

£950 is pure rape for a full system though.

StevenC said:
Reconsider Paul. You won't regret it.

I was afraid of the exhaust being too loud when I got mine done, I told CAS that, and when I'm driving along just pottering about you can hardly make it out. Its pretty loud on full chat though.

£950 is pure rape for a full system though.

LoL i wasnt definately gonna go for it i were merely getting a ballpark figure... I reckon the reason the price was so high was probably the sports cat as cats in general are very expensive...

Plus the handling needs to be sorted before performance Stevey boy :D :D seriously need to do something to improve the ride quality as the car handles even the smallest of bumps with dramatic style (i.e. teeth breaker)

Gonna research into shocks as well and see if they make a difference compared to springs and standard shocks...

Sweep said:
the problem with the VQ30 is they only made them in automatic.

the QR18DE is a powerful engine, when i have my 1.8s primera, it felt really fast, and had not one bit problem, i think this was because the 1.6 was small dragging a big car, the 2.0 is big heavy and powerful dragging a big car, but the 1.8 was the correct weight of an engine and had the power too.

To fit the VQ series motor, the FWD RS5F50V bellhousing for the Maxima can be bought quite cheaply and the FWD gearbox itself can be sourced from a number of SR20 motors as well and as it is closely related to the GTiR gearbox, it makes for an easy swap.

Also, the VQ35 motor can be found for similiar money to an SR20VE as nearly nobody is buying them at the moment. So imagine 240Hp@wheels of FWD V6 madness in an N15 or N16 and you will be munching on R32 Golfs for breakfast :)

Just fitted my Fujita Cold Air Intake Kit: -

10112007015.jpg

10112007016.jpg

Found the kit whilst cocking about on Googley... Seen it on eBay USA and bought them...

Required a bit of modification to fit (and all the modifications done to it are fixed on via superglue!!!) however everythings securely fixed and not coming off in a hurry plus the performance is immense...

For ease of fitment i suggesting searching for a Hotshot style CAI and new MAF (only £25 from Nissan last time i checked) and you'll notice a big difference :D

Another month, another chapter in the quest to make my car... Acceptable lol just bought a set of K Sport Coilovers for my motor which are being shipped over pronto so they can be fitted (hopefully) before New Years Day and spark every member to buy them!!

Ordered them with the spring rates @ 5kg for the front and 4kg for the rear so its fairly complaint for myself (judging by the mass debate over spring rates on the group buy thread)

Watch this space! :D

Actually had to search for this again, its been so long since i last done anything to it at all...

Only significant change has been the back bumper (and if you're wondering why check out this thread)

So now i've found a Phase 1 N16 rear bumper not quite the same colour as the rest of the car but its a kick in the arse away from it: -

25012008051.jpg

Then again im not caring - its road legal, its insured and its got fuel so it'll do for now...

No there's the minimum required - nobody's told me they've dropped nor has Stevo been informed by anyone he/she are dropping out so the group buy is still on...

Back
Top Bottom