My N16 Almera

Cheers for the comments guys! Here's the (ideal) plan of action of the car: -

1) Get a grille set below: -

MSDesignGrille.jpg

2) Sort the colour of the mesh, front and back
3) Colour code door mouldings, handles, mirror caps - everything
4) Get a zorst to fill the back splitters hole nicely so it sticks out
5) Get 17" wheels on it
6) Super save up for gary_yuen42's VTTR big brake kit and a set of coilovers from somewhere else as i doubt gary will get 10 definates from N16 owners wanting coilovers :(

I'm in two minds on whether i should get the mesh black or colour it same shade of blue as the car... I'll decide that once the car's colour coded i think.

Also with the side skirts yes i do agree with ya's in the sense that it doesn't look low enough compared to the splitters however that should hopefully be rectified by next year - 2008 will see this car come in leaps and bounds cos by then all the niggles with the paint/body work will be sorted by then.

I'm also in two minds with what Kurt says about lowering it more - in an ideal world i'd love to but there are some mammoth speed bumps at the falkirk retail park as well as the road on the street where i live has massive potholes (which will be getting fixed as well) so i'll wait til the wheels are on it before i start lowering it more...

Plus only way i'll be able to get it lower is by gettin coilovers on it... Apart from that the car's looking good now - will post up pics of my basic (and roughly installed) sub + amp combo later on

P.S. I'm quite interested in relocating the battery to the boot - how do you go about doing that?

Yup, grille inserts, 17" wheels, de-badging, colour coded handles, bigger sideskirts and rub strips are what it needs! :)

yeah im properly chuffed with it - in darker shades of light you can REALLY tell the difference in colour mainly due to the fact that the metal panels have been exposed to the sun for 5+ years so it looks like a respray is on the cards now...

:D :D :D oohhhh how good mr car's going to look this time next year...

If your going as far as you intend to with body styling, and are considring a respray. mayb you should do sometihng to that engine too!! and just go wild. lol!

yeah probablu stu - but i'll cross that bridge when i get there!!! Put too many ideas in one's head and the credit card might get another bout of abuse!! LoL

TallPaul86 said:
Put too many ideas in one's head and the credit card might get another bout of abuse!! LoL

god yeah I can see that happening all too easily!

TallPaul86 said:
yeah probablu stu - but i'll cross that bridge when i get there!!! Put too many ideas in one's head and the credit card might get another bout of abuse!! LoL

ha ha yeah mate all in time i suppose!

Glad to see the old bumper on an Almera again at last. Does look wierd seeing it on a blue car though

Having said that it does look good, but agree with the others on the side skirts and black mesh would look better IMO. Bonnet needs a de-badge also, not necessarily a bad boy (curved) bonnet but a de-badge at least.

And lastly Volks are just sex in a wheel, love them

Sweep said:
you ever though about sticking an sr20 in it paul???

Nah don't want an SR20 - if i were gonna shove a bigger engine in the Mera i'd choose between the QG18 (for easier installation) or a VQ30 off a Maxima QX as they're 3.0i V6's with FWD

lol, a QX engine, what an idea. we have one traded in atm, heading off to shotts shortly i wouldnt have thought. you could intercept the transporter driver on his way! y'now - stick'em up sorta style!! lol

Well a VQ-engine of some sort whether it be the 3.0i of the 2.0i either or would do...

But, like the almera, parts for it are scarce are they not?

the problem with the VQ30 is they only made them in automatic.

the QR18DE is a powerful engine, when i have my 1.8s primera, it felt really fast, and had not one bit problem, i think this was because the 1.6 was small dragging a big car, the 2.0 is big heavy and powerful dragging a big car, but the 1.8 was the correct weight of an engine and had the power too.

I suppose, realistically, if the day came where the wee 1.5i got yanked out in favour of something bigger than for ease of installation and wiring up i'd probably for the QG18 1.8i... Plus combine that engine with a CAI, half decent zorst system, lightened flywheel and uprated clutch? Ooohhh nice nice :D :D

But that's one day, far, far away lol

Sweep said:
would be hard to find a 1.8 almera or primera in the scrappies!!

No its not its piss easy - just gotta look nationally that is ;)

And no i'm not jumping on the "Let's turbo the engine until it blows up" band wagon - i'm going to stick to N/A power myself...

If i'm gonna get turbo power i'll get a car that already has it - probably a VAG turbo'd car probably

i love to live on the edge, i suppose the 1.6, 1.8 is limited for what you could get for it, i mean i dont know if you can get cams for the qr18, hence i really like the SR20,

So far as i can tell nobody makes camshafts for the QG18 - there was a petition for it on the B15 Sentra.net site for Jim Wolf Technology to make them but as far as i could tell JWT needed 50 orders, the site had 110 definates but heard nothing from JWT unfortunately...

Looks like i could possibly be making a swift email to Piper Cams or Kent Cams - If you hear stifled laughter from down south you'll know they got it LoL

Back
Top Bottom