My N16 Almera

lol, the thing is with the 1.8 personally i think they are under rated, a set of cams, a header, a CAI might even reach the 145BHP mark.

Phase 1 N16 QG15DE (my car) was 90hp standard
Phase 2 N16 QG15DE was 98 hp standard

Don't know what the differences were but if i could get to 110hp i'd be happy i think - then possibly a weight reduction program could be in force as well :D

Quite depressing reading those figures as Hyundai's i30 can eek out 107hp from a 1.4i :(

yeah but think they would break down long before yours would. i wouldnt imagine it would be that hard to get an extra few bhp out of it.

Paul is you're wanting to hit 110 - get the manifold - i'm telling to - you'll notice a bigger difference than the rest of your mods put together. full exhaust with Manifold and CAI you should be there i would think - if not very close.

shakey said:
Paul is you're wanting to hit 110 - get the manifold - i'm telling to - you'll notice a bigger difference than the rest of your mods put together. full exhaust with Manifold and CAI you should be there i would think - if not very close.

i intend to - sent off a Quote Request to Exhausts UK... They said they can fabricate a manifold, fit sports cat and the rest of it so i've asked for a fully supplied and fitted quote as well hopefully fitting the following: -

CAI
Fuel Pressure Regulator (or Power Boost Valve as they're commonly known as)
ECU remap

And that's all there is to do to the engine!! LoL

with cat back exhaust and ecu remap i was sitting at 108-109 BHP (got printout)

So with extra manfold and CAI and see no reason why you can be at or above 115.

Why dont you get the OBX job - it's not as bad as people say TBH and it's super cheap.

ill vouch for obx, cant grumble for the price......

N16 is lookin pretty cool mate, please put a spoiler on it though lol

tommo said:
please put a spoiler on it though lol

I've came to the conclusion that it doesnt need a spoiler - on a 2.0i GTi? Yes... On a 1.8i Sport? Yes... On a 1.5i 5dr that's being modified to be more of a cruiser than out and out performance? No...

I thought the same as you Paul about the spoiler before, but boy am I glad I got one because IMO it ties the car right in and I cringe when I see pics of my car without it.

Definately not getting one - instead i've already removed the rear wiper arm and i'll be removing the rear wiper motor soon and getting a hold of a couple of blankers when i remove the rear wiper motor and rear washer jet...

A thorough de-badging will defo be on the cards as well :D :D

Debadging for the front is a cunt for us though as the bonnet has a recess in it for the badge so much catty/filler and paint is required. Dunno about you, but I cannae be arsed with that.

Hmmmm, I need to get mine into the spray shop soon anyway to sort out the unholy mess I made of touching-up the stone chips and scrapes.
On holiday this week so maybe the perfect time to debadge it and get everything done at once.

Let us know what Exhausts UK quote you TP - your current engine mod list is pretty-much what I'm looking at now. How much of your plans do you expect to have in place for F&M?

Also - where can you get the OBX manifolds from?

wraith0x29a said:
Let us know what Exhausts UK quote you TP - your current engine mod list is pretty-much what I'm looking at now. How much of your plans do you expect to have in place for F&M?

Also - where can you get the OBX manifolds from?

Got my quote back from Exhausts UK today!

For a normal cat back its £300
For a Full System, which consists of Custom Manifold (subject to pics and/or design), Sports Cat, Mid & Rear Section costs £950

I intend to have the car's performance part finished by F&M and have the bodywork niggles sorted by the end of Jan 2008 as i would like to have the full system above fitted, CAI fitted, fuel pressure regulator fitted and ecu re-mapped by F&M (here's hoping!)

You can get various manifolds from US shops, just google sentra 1.8i headers, or indeed off eBay USA.

Sweep said:
Paul, just an idea, saw someone has done the GA16DE-T

you ever thinking about a QG15DE-T???

I have toyed with the idea but for what i would want (i.e. doen properly not just enough so it'll run) it would mount to something daft

clicky

When you take all the above into account you start questioning how much more til you're finished? Would only consider that once i've reached Andy smith levels of modification (i.e. complete overhaul/transformation)

TallPaul86 said:
For a normal cat back its £300
For a Full System, which consists of Custom Manifold (subject to pics and/or design), Sports Cat, Mid & Rear Section costs £950

you can pull your pants back up now after they have pulled em down for you.

i can get that lot done for 500 down here...

200 of that is manifold, 150 for back box and 150 for cat and mid.... get an ssac, xs power or obx manifold and that'll drop it another 50....

shop around first dude, even if it means travelling a bit...

tommo said:
you can pull your pants back up now after they have pulled em down for you.

i can get that lot done for 500 down here...

200 of that is manifold, 150 for back box and 150 for cat and mid.... get an ssac, xs power or obx manifold and that'll drop it another 50....

shop around first dude, even if it means travelling a bit...

lol i aint getting a cat back system - probably gonna get another back box but thats it... I prefer to hear my sound system when im in the mood or nothing when im not :D :D

Yes im gettin old i thinks...

TallPaul86 said:
lol i aint getting a cat back system - probably gonna get another back box but thats it... I prefer to hear my sound system when im in the mood or nothing when im not :D :D

Yes im gettin old i thinks...

thats good to hear, sounds like they were gonna go in dry with a run up on ya....

Back
Top Bottom