my n16

cheers inahole i'll get some better pics of the stickers tomorrow and get them posted up. i'v got the jne url and then knight rider in japanese next to it (in case you want to know your name in japanese the site i use is http://babelfish.yahoo.com/?fr=bf-res ). i think it looks pretty cool but once again each to there own i suppose. i'm pretty certain the stickers on the boot are coming off as i dont think i like them. but if i pull them off then decide i do then i'll just have to get some more off my mate.

cheers edk, i'm about finished with the exterior now as i don't wanna spoil it! new set of wheels and pos a dif back box/full system, colour coding and thats it for looks (nearly took some parts off my lasses car but they have a few marks on). i'm gunna get a decat soon too. and then that will prob be about it too for performance as i fancy another bike. :-D which will make up for the lack of performance on the car. hehe.

Good progress Mick.:) I take it you have a friendly MOT'er to get her through with the de-cat on ? What kind of bike are you going for incidentally ?

i fancy a underseat exhaust model r1 mate but i think my insurance will still be a bit too high for one so i'm thinking abou my mates zx6-rr! it looks awsome! i'd just keep the cat mate and swap it back over if the lad my dad knows wouldn't take the chance which would be understandable.

the hid's were actually off a fto mate. just copped and joined the wires on the back of the lights and then that was it done really. had to cut a tiny piece of rubber off the cover on the back of the lights for the wires to go through to the ballasts. all in all it took less than an hour. also had to modify the h4 bulbs to make them into h7's. lol. if you bought a set specificly for a mera i'd recon on 20-30 mins to fit start to finish if you have a general clue about where the wires go.

cheers for the comments folks. tbh there aint many n16's i think look nice modded. i'm just happy i can say mine is one of them. and its down to my dad spotting it on ebay while i was looking for a n15 gti!

there actually just standard bulbs darren. but i fancy some new ones. i'll get round to it eventually.

i'mnot really into v-twins mate. i prefere my inline 4's. they sound amazing like but they just feel strange to ride.

right i was just wondering if a 2.2 deisel engine would go into my car with-out any bother? just i'v found a whole 2.2 sport+ deisel cheap! so if mine can be converted easily enough i'll go for it. when i say easily i mean will the wiring harnesses be the same etc? and i'll swap the brakes and everything else too. please help asap! thanks in advance!

I remember briefly checking the 1.5 mounts and comparing them to my mounts. They are different... but I didnt look close enough to see if it's the same on the chassis anyway in which case just move the mounts over. I wouldnt know about the harness I'm afraid.

bloody hell ad that was fast. hmm i thought the mounts would of bolted into the same place as it's the same chassis aint it? its a 2000 model i'v found. do you know anywhere i could ask about the harness mate?

Cars looking great with the tints and HIDs mate, would look well evil with smoked rear clusters (tin of tint spray for about a tenner and some polish).

cheers wraith. i'm liking it too. as said earlier i'v never been a fan of these till this one came along.

oh and adk i found out what bodykit is on and you were right. it is a ms design one. i spotted the writing on the underneath of the spoiler the other day when i was getting something out the boot.

It's a damn nice kit and if I had a p1 I'd be saving for one right now. I'd be temped to go p1 bumpers and that kit if it wouldnt cost me loads but front and rear bumpers + MS Design kit + painting sounds like a lot just for cosmetics. I can't justify that. As I've said before, I envy you for that kit!

yer i know what you mean mate. it will cost a small fortune! although if i get this other doner car i'll do the bumpers cheap. lol. you not got any idea where i could find out if the connectors are the same for the looms adk?

yer i know what you mean mate. it will cost a small fortune! although if i get this other doner car i'll do the bumpers cheap. lol. you not got any idea where i could find out if the connectors are the same for the looms adk?

Try asking your local Nissan dealership ? One of the mechanics should know :)

well went to the nissan dealer opposite work after i finished and they said if i get the other car it should be no bother at all as all the bits i will need are there! woohoo! gunna try and get the dirty deisel the mora. :-D

EDIT: a question for edk, if it's the 2.2td sport plus will that make it the 136bhp model like yours or will it prob still be the lower power model? and what is the lower power's actual bhp?

No. The sport is the 110bhp Di version. No intercooler, smaller turbo (GT15), and direct injection.

You'd need a post 2002 2.2 DCi. 136bhp, intercooler, GT1849V turbo, and common rail injection. There are two versions to look out for though. Most DCis are the 112bhp with no intercooler (maybe smaller turbo too). I've got pics of all three I can PM you if you want.

Back
Top Bottom