My new Almera N16

I like the wheels, loads of tyre on show! The way it should be. It's all been done properly and I respect that, not to my taste but I kinda like it!

Right......can I have everyones opinion please.

Basically I want to keep the car but the front bumper is to low and the bonnet ain't particularly nice at all.

I want to change the front bumper and bonnet but don't know whether the paint will blend or not.

I want to change the front bumper to a Sport + bumper and change the bonnet.

I got given a bonnet with the car which has 2 triangle cut outs meshed.It has got a small dent on the front that need pulling out and filled but would look so much nicer on the car.

So the questions is....How hard will it be to get the paint to blend and will the 1/2 litre of paint that came with the car be enought to spray a bumper and bonnet???

Cheers,
Rob

that paint is a right bitch to blend, its not so much the reactive laquer but the base coat that afffects the final outcome, pro job only i would say. 1/2 litre should be enough once its been thinned, whole car takes less than 2 litres.

id buy a standard bonnet, sport+ bumper with some form of splitter, and all will be good. as for paint your just gonna have to bite the bullet and pay the extra for a good bodyshop to match it. i'd do it because in all honesty i think the bonnet is gash...

I got given a bonnet with the car which has 2 triangle cut outs meshed.It has got a small dent on the front that need pulling out and filled but would look so much nicer on the car.

I like the sound of all of that apart what I quoted above? The current one isn't quite to my taste but it sounds like the other one is kinda like a copy of the one on the Supra in the Fast & Furious 1? I don't know if that would be any better...

Depending on how skint you were something like K33 ELV was on about in the thread below could be very good...

http://www.almeraownersclub.net/showthread.php?t=20061

honestly i cannot understand why people do shit like this to cars.

it is so fugly. from the front bar, bonnet, to rear smoothing, to even chosen paint colour.
A car is made for driving, and with it being that low, it would be so impractical its not funny. if it was me, i'd strip the front bar off it, return the front end back to stock, with a nice looking lip on the stock front bar, and it would look ok.

As I have said before.....wasn't me that did it up.I just bought it like that.

I know of someone who is shit hot at painting and will do it as a hobble pretty cheap.

Have been thinking of a full re-spray but in a totally different colour.Something along the lines of ICE blue???

Klingon Bonnet nftw! Think you should skip the respray, get it sold and buy a nice blue n15 gti. Buy rhyd's, a fellow welshman.

Is your front tyre profile bigger than on the rear?

Car looks ok. Bot OTT in some places. Possibly in a different colour in may look alot more subtle. Id love to know where the modded bonnet came from. Its not the prettiest "hump" on it, but I would defo be interested in getting a designed bonnet.

Ye the front profiles are a bit bigger just to get a bit more clearance on the front.

Colour is really nice when you see it but I've just got to change the bumper and the bonnet and she'll be a beauty.The bumper and bonnet are the only OTT things I reckon.

Modded bonnet was on it already.Thing it's just a plastic bulge blended in on the bonnet with filler.

Just a quick pic of the other bonnet for everyone to see so you can have an idea of the two triangular cut outs on the bonnet.

There not very big at all anyways

Otherbonneti.jpg

This car's probably long gone by now (lol) but I actually like the paint job. It looks better in fading light than bright sunshine tho' - a deep luster to it. The wheels are a good choice too, but have to admit the bonnet & front spoiler's pretty awful. Just a shame it's only a 1.5, as an SR 20 DET would be more fitting for a head turner like that ! Overall tho, at least it's different to the usual 'Mera mods and interesting to see. :)

Well.....finally an update.Couldn't sell the dam thing so decided to keep it and re-spray it as it's a good car and I've had no problems at all with it.

Car has been re-sprayed.Just need the bumpers,wing mirrors and bonnet putting back on and the alloys re-sprayed.Better or worse?

DSC_00116.jpg

DSC_00126.jpg

Bonnet is going to be black as are the wheels and the DTM wing mirrors

Cheers,
Rob

liking it man, :)

LOADS better than it was before! i think tbh also you should get some phase 2 front lights and normal wing mirrors :)
then it will look great :)

Much better so far, also what about a nissan logo and 'ALMERA' added on the boot, but blended in, like the skylines have?

Ooops....went ant bought carbon fibre look DTM wing mirrors.Only bought them as they were £10 cheaper than the plain black and unpainted ones which is wierd.

It is loads nicer.....Love it.Really happy with it.Can't wait untill it's finished.Wouldn't mind the Phase 2 lights but I think I've spent enough.ha ha

Plus....looking at building a Micra rally car now ready for the Wyedean so will be too busy with that.

But yup,much much nicer than before.Not long now I hope....:D

Back
Top Bottom