My new Almera N16

Added photo above. Yeah Paypal :). I'll find out postage and PM you with details. PM me your address mate :).

Thanks very much.Should hopefully be finished before Christmas so should be back on the road within a few weeks I hope

not so bad :D respray looks well ave never seen a white n16 before :lol: i feel like a cultchy sayin it but its the truth:lol: love it but;)

do you have much left 2 do?:D

No...not much left to do now.The bonnet has been re-sprayed already and just needs putting on.

Spray the bumpers and alloys and she's a beauty.Ready to go

Quick update.Few little things to do now and she'll be ready.Here's just a couple of quick pics.New alloys on the way.Bumper pads being sprayed now.Just need some front fogs and un-tinted rear lights.Oh, and rubber strips for the roof and mirrors.lol

DSC_00002.jpg

DSC_00001.jpg

Any suggestions on where to mount the rear number plate as well?lol

Cheers,
Rob

Mount it on the bumper :) You could customise the rear bumper to hold a recess from another car that has them in the bumper. Not sure which one but ive seen it done and they do look quite nice hehe.

nice 2 see your makin progress on it mate :) lookin forward 2 seeing the end result:)

do you not need 2 have lights over your rear number plate :confused: if you do id prefer just the standard boot :lol: ive seen some flushed boots with the plate stuck on and 2 lights sticking out think it takes away imo

really do think this will be a class looking n16 when finished ;)

I'm thinking the bumper myself to be honest.Try and find a half tidy but not over the top surround for one and just wire some lights for it.Ye,pretty sure lights over the rear number plate is a legal requirement

I'd mount the number plate on the rear bumper with some sticky pads. As for the rest of the car, it's looking pretty damn sporty for an N16 & will be better before long by the sounds of it :cool:

If I had the time and patience to blend a Phase 2 number plate in I would but I really just want to get the car back on the road now.I'm not to sure if sticking it on would look a bit tacky.Don't know.Was thinking of getting just a plain back surround for it and then thinking about where to put the lights.Will soon think of something.

Thanks for the comments.Hoepfully it will look good.Still expecting a few bits of critisism from some of them as it isn't an N15 :lol:

But surely it must be an improvment on what is was before with that HUGE Alien Vs Predator style bonnet bulge.So glad I ditched that.What the guy was thinking putting that on I'll never know.:lol:

I'd mount the plate in the rear screen.

Get a black plate surround, mount a couple of LED's either end, cut the tint so you can see the plate but not the surround and stick the whole lot to the glass.

Cutting the tint smaller than the surround will make sure you can't see the tape.

Looks great by the way!

Are you allowed to mount them in the rear window then ye? If that's legal then that's a beauty.That was my only concern really that the rear number plate would kind of ruin it a little.

Thanks for the comment :D

Still haven't got the car on the road but should be in the next few weeks.

Nissan robbed me of a £108 for two rubber strips to go on the roof :shock:

But I also found some front fog lights on e-bay which I have now fitted. Have also changed the clocks on the dash and the lid for the centre console pocket as they were broken and the front indicators as they were also broken. Just need to get some mirrors and fit the new alloys which are sitting in the dining room and the number plates.Still unsure of the rear number plate.

02042010040.jpg

And a photo comparing how the car is now and before I had the work done.Which one does everyone prefer?

Fromthistothis.jpg

Cheers,
Rob

The splitter on the standard front bumper is sexual! Is it available for sale?

As for the last pic...not really my cup of tea with the bodykit...but i do like the paint! Always had a soft spot for flip paint :)

New version by a mile Rob ! The old bonnet was bloody horrible, although I did like the paint job - just because it was different. It seems that white is becoming popular again, but I really like the contrast with the black bonnet & spoiler. :thumb:

Thanks guys!! :thumb:

Just waiting on the bumper pads as well.Forgot about them.They're in black again just to have a little more contrast. But I have always loved white.Always.lol.

I loved the flip paint as well.Was stunning but was just too expensive to redo the car that colour again.Was always worried about having a knock as well as blending is a problem.

As for the front splitter Liam.They are readily available.I bought mine off e-bay but can't find it now but here's a website with the exact same one that I found through google. It's ABS plastic.Pretty strong stuff.Come with all the fitting kit,instructions and mesh.It's a doddle to fit and just give a lower look.

Here's the website link : https://www.absmotorsport.net/front-splitter-with-mesh-p-4490.html

Cheers,
Rob

Back
Top Bottom