my new (first) car

Finally got it yesterday.

DSC00706.jpg

DSC00707.jpg

DSC00708.jpg

DSC00709.jpg

It's a Phase 1 Si 1.4.
it's been lowered 35mm, got rear tints and wheels but the wheels shall be coming off. also got a clifford alarm, i think its cat 1 but i'm not sure.

i think i might just keep it as standard as i can (cant be bothered messing around wiith the suspension, not really worth the hassle) to keep insurance down for the first year or so.

Might do wee things like source some p2 rear lights, colour code bits etc if i can be bothered, theres some wee bits of rust i want looked at though, around the rear N/S arch and the back of the sills at either side, you can just see it in the first picture.

the phase 1's are growing on me, its just the grey reverse light bit, i'd much rather if it was clear.

battery's flat, charging it the now, will have to check the altinator see if its all working correctly.

got some interior pics:
DSC00710.jpg

(spot the untinted window :D)
DSC00711.jpg

Car looks good mate! Liking the alloys! Just do nice subtle things like parking rear wiper at the bottom and clear side repeators etc :)

Btw whats the label on the rear seatbelts about with the almeras? I had them but I cut them off!

i duno bout the label, i've been in a few cars with the label (all been asian manufacturers).

might get some side repeaters and deglobe the indicators. need to get a new headunit once my ISO adaptor comes.

I dont mind the alloys but i think they'll probably still come off, deffinetly over the winter period to protect them though.

looks nice, you got the best colour aswell :D

get the rust sorted asap, mine was starting to go in that area but hadnt got that bad yet, got it sorted just to make sure it didnt get any worse though

deglobed, clear indicators and some colour coded mirrors (amazing how much difference they make) would be my next steps if it was mine

the bit on the sills is just really unpainted metal (something to do with a mechanic having to replace the brake pipes and then welding the sills) so that'll just need prepped then painted, the bit around the arch is really the problem area that'll need attention soon.

So whats up with that small untinted window there kieran? Did someone break it? when my car got broken ages ago they smashed that window to get in. Dont know why though. Seems awkward to get to the door handles...

blackredtribal said:
Btw whats the label on the rear seatbelts about with the almeras? I had them but I cut them off!
ROFL so did i!!

yeah, someone put a hammer through it, lol, i duno why though. The car used to live in the middle of glasgow, now its out in the country where its safe with me :D

maybe the theifs were being considerate and broke the smallest window on the car so its cheaper to replace lol

Well i thought it had something to do with not setting off the car alarm.
Oh well, im glad someone did break in coz they took my old standard CD player and i got a WAY better one as a result.:D

Nice, looks like it's in good nick.

One thing, though..

quote: "it's been lowered 35mm"

quote: "i think i might just keep it as standard as i can (cant be bothered messing around wiith the suspension, not really worth the hassle) to keep insurance down for the first year or so."

If it's been dropped 35mm I'd assume you'll have to tell your insurers, so that may push the premium up?

I'd be interested to know how much if it does as I'll be doing the same to mine soon.

yeah, i'll be declaring the windows and the suspension when i get it insured, and yes, it will bump it up.
i'll tell you how much it is (compared to the online quote i got) when it gets insured next week.

just a quick note to show you all my new headunit :)

DSC00828.jpg

its a blaupunkt orlando mp46, cost £130 and it plays music :)

gona run an aux in cable from the back of it down to the back of the space below the heater controls so i can sit my mp3 player down there.

Back
Top Bottom