my new (first) car

mattmera said:
Almera sri red, you bought the gti headlight i was after too.:lol:

oo YEA, sorry about that mattmera lol, i'd placed a maximum bid of £20 before heading to work. im now in search for the drivers side hope it pops up on ebay again soon.

DSC00252.jpg

Love it or hate it, i love it.

Started off painting it flourescent pink, but the paint was crap, so went over it in blue (same colour as the car). The end effect is kind of flippy between body colour and purple/pink, looks really cool :)

Since i got my car ive always said "i hate these wheels, need to change them ASAP".

Well, nearly 2 years on mick_87 has come to the rescue again (first time being when he sold me the front bumper)

IMG_3531.jpg

much better than the others

IMG_3532.jpg

Might keep the others and paint them funny colours just in the name of fun though, since i did just put new tyres on them.

P180908_1901.jpg

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :)

Driving about with no backbox....makes me feel like a corsa boy :(

Will get it sorted on saturday :)

some repair pictures

Up on the stands
P300908_1431.jpg

where the grinder needed to come out
P300908_1432.jpg

post grinder action
P300908_144302.jpg

newnold
P300908_1443.jpg

how not to put the new one in
P300908_1510.jpg

got it there eventually though
P300908_151802.jpg

P300908_152301.jpg

P300908_1518.jpg

all done :)
P300908_1523.jpg

Took all of an hour or so, hardest bit was manouvering the new exhaust over the rear beam, t'was a bit tricky but i got there in the end.

I had the same trouble getting my exhaust on the GTi, took ages and had to manouver it under the sills then twist it over in the end.
You need more stickers to cover up your paint mismatches though :) .

dont you worry, im building a hefty collection of stickers which will one day be unleashed.

but yeah, i ended up going in from the passenger side, getting the first bit over, the twisting a bit, trying to manouvre it past the brake lines and fuel tank. All while lying on my back under the car. Much fun.

Its a bit odd as 2 years ago I fitted a GTi cat back to my SRi on my own with just a scissor jack and a pair of pliers. I remember I hacksawed through the old exhaust which took ages to do as I didnt have an angle grinder! Must have had loads of time/patience in 1st year of uni.

Back
Top Bottom