my new red GTi

i just bashed it with a hammer like tony told me to and voila! popped clean off when jimmied with a scraper.. not putting the plates back as as all the bolts are fucked.. so gona look at a rear strut bar should be to hard to knock one up...

Fitted my wheel the other day was a nightmare as ofcourse the omp boss wasnt for an airbag car... but non the less some soldering and wiring sorted it all out and its now on in all its snap on and off goodness..

06032008383.jpg

06032008382.jpg

06032008380.jpg

06032008379.jpg

i know it says D1 spec but i dont think it means im a hard core drifter before anyone says anything...

but dude now you have a D1 spec wheel you haz teh powahs to pull some ultra mega tyte e-wand bitch!!!11!!11onehundredandeleven!!!!!!!!

but on a serious note it sounds like you had a fair old task on your hands getting it to fit from what you said on the phone last night so i praise your skills! nice one dude, bet that makes getting in and out a bit easier :D

well on the way back from shakeys last weekend with oscar and my brakes started making wooop wooop woop noise i had previously warped the brakes so was they were ready for a new setup so got a new set of front pads and disks.. for £120 sorted those out the other night work great no judder also refurbed the calipers.. the reas on the other hand have always been abit slack they didnt hold the car on the handbrake properly one side had a completly rusty disk as shown in the pictures.. but the rear caliper was siezed to fuck!

so i had to find 2 new rear calipers for her but of course RRD dont know anyone who does them i ended up tracking some down on the internet and they had them in stock they arrived today :D there all fitted now just need bleeding as havent got any dot5.1 fluid like a tit.. anyway some pics of the new calipers and stuffs..

fronts fitted :-

22042008430.jpg

rears before fitting :(

23042008432.jpg

new calipers :-

25042008433.jpg

and the rears all shiny and fitted :D

25042008434.jpg

so the car should now stop and not need brake work for a fair bit...

just wondering how much you payed for your snap off steering boss. I got a similar one from ebay for £30 from the US.

just noticed the safety button I do not have one of them (the one you press in and then pull the ring back)

nice work fella i like.

ps how did you get round the air bag light on the dash and wiring????
as i fancy a after market steering wheel too.

david

Back
Top Bottom