my new red GTi

good on ya for keepin it, can't wait to see the arch kit finished :D

out of interest, how did you get the rota centre caps to fit? mine don't! :confused:

lol. no soz mate, just wonderin where the hell mine are? :confused:

tbh they look diff to mine anyway, my fronts won't fit at all cos of threaded bit being too long out of hub, oh well..

well iv got the drivers side arch sprayed and fitted but of course photobucket is down!! grrrrr and to say i pay for it!!

well i got the drivers side on i think it loks quite good.. covers al the rusty crap up well lol...

05022008326.jpg

05022008325.jpg

05022008324.jpg

gona do the other side this weekend then get it some stuff ready for stripping it out...

Nice job there, but I`m not a fan tbh.

I like the idea, don`t get me wrong, it just doesn`t look quite right imho. :O

If I may make a suggestion?

If you filled in the screw holes (or just painted the screws red) & smoothed it to the rear panel & bumper, then extended it to the skirt & splitter, it`d look right, but atm, with the gaps to the standard kit, it looks too much like the red chavvy-kitted corsa that I pass every morning on the way to work! :(

Nice effort though, but with abit of tweaking, it`d look spot on imo. :)

Of course it`s your car, & your tastes are your own, but abit of `constructive critisism` never hurt anyone. :)

see all the stuff your saying about smoothing and extending sounds chav to me... there functional there only there to cover the repairs.. adding filler fibregalss ect is weight thats just not needed.. trust me they will fit with the car once it gets close to finished lol i love having the screws visible... also means i can take the rear bumper off without messing about ect...

not having a go or anything there gona be a love it or hate it thing :D

No probs! :)

I see your point, but the HUGE gap between the arch & skirt is just crying out to be filled with summat.

That`s the only thing I really don`t like about it though. :)

Looks good I reckon :) With the screws it gives it that classic racing car feel, back when that's how panels were held together :D

other side is on now :D and iv undersealed the arche that was bad :D

10022008334.jpg

10022008335.jpg

MMMMMM YUMMY!!

oh and looks whats amde a return!!

10022008337.jpg

but before i fit it i want it re-trimed as its abit shabby... want it done in urban camo anyone got any ideas on places that do re-trims???

well i had a day off today i was gona fit my old exhaust that was on the black one but it was damaged so i used some bits to make a drag pipe i can use at track days... its side exit and alot lighter :D also de-cats at the same time.. so it has zero boxes in it heres some pics and a vid of testing :D

12022008341.jpg

12022008342.jpg

12022008343.jpg

welding isnt awsome infact is s shambles as i have no gas and was welding stainless to mild... but meh...

videos

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v...mera gti/?action=view&current=12022008030.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v...mera gti/?action=view&current=12022008031.flv

yeah lol i preffer rasp to droning :S puts a huge ass smile on my face flooring it though... obviously its for track us only though that was a test and will be taken off after next tuesday as its having a new system made.

Nice work. The side exit pipe sticks out a bit far though, you'll takes someones legs off with that! :lol: (obviously you cut it down..i hope??)

Good Stuff!

Back
Top Bottom