my new red GTi

sorry bout the multiple posts this is the first time iv used photobucket to host a video... so im still working on the links..

right iv been working on a new splitter as i dont like the way the P1 splitter actually funnles air under the damn car!! dont know about others but at high speed the car starts to lift and get twitchy so i got another splitter of another car and made it fit lol purley to block air getting under the front of the car.. i had to cut the edges down partly due to shape and partly cos i like the look... i know most won't but its a design nod towards to the mk1 golf GTi...

anyway i had to respray the front bumper at the same time and im spraying the splitter itself satin black...

24022008359.jpg

24022008360.jpg

24022008361.jpg

this was it fitted in primer and with a shitty dirty bumper i took it for a run to make sure it wasnt gona be too low..

23022008355.jpg

the good thing is it does its job marvolously :D and will do an even better job when its lowerd all i need now is another set of arch extentions on the front and the bodywork is finished...

nah using it to knock sped cameras down.. just had to put a wide load sticker on he boot.....

:lol: lol, Nice response.

Splitter looks good from the front (pics 1 and 2).

I agree the front needs lowering, no wonder you were taking off!

i got the idea from the old touring cars once it gets to where its cut it whips back in and curles round the tyres cooling them and the brakes.. the idea was used uin touring cars on the primera and mondeo..
mine is obviously more crude as its a diy job lol

Gal-Rydell-Mondeo-BTCC.jpg

nissan98.jpg

primera%20gt-turbo.jpg

it would obvously work much better once the car is low as in the splitter just above the tarmac :D

but after driving it it does actually work.. so its staying :D

Im sure it will come together and look better once it's finished, but at the moment it just seems like abit of a test dummy with random bits and pieces being done to it.

finished??? this is finished :(

no seriously there the front wings to sort.. the wheels need there new tyres on.. the interior needs removing and the shell spraying.. the lights need spraying and the graphics need ordering i want whiteline ARB's coilovers and some new brakes the rears need ne calipers.. :P

then theres an engine build planned for next year fingers crossed :eek:

But if you lower it with that splitter on, aren't you going to have problems just getting on and off your driveway? Mines isn't lowered at all, and the bastard still scrapes sometimes.

maybe ill have to see the arch extensions will lower the gap slightly aswell as the new tyres...

ill probly only drop it an inch or so...

Will def improve appearance anyway. I wish I could lower mine, but the car park where I live has a really stupid entrance. One time I tried driving out of it forwards and actually got jammed there lol. Always reverse now!

Hmmm.

From the front I think it looks good, but in red, not black, having it black makes it look like a £5 laguna splitter. But I think it looks gash from the side, definately needs something to finish it off. Valances or something to blend it in.

Remember, 'function over form' is not the same as 'do half a job and bodge the rest' :P

25022008366.jpg

finihed painting the splitter matt black but iv found some bits on e-bay i want to add so its not completly finished yet :D just need to laqure the bumper...

right today was weight loss day.. removed the complete rear trim and sound deadening crap and boy what a difference obviously its louder but she picks up so much quicker :D

02032008371.jpg

The pile of sound deadening it weighs a fucking ton!!
02032008372.jpg

the interior in a nice pile..

02032008373.jpg

also got my nice new steering wheel :D

02032008374.jpg

just need to get a snap of kit and boss and that will be sweet aswell..

got to finish removing the front sound crap and the carpets ect and make a new seat mount as the one on my bucket seat at the moment is wank its tilted as you can see... the list of jobs is never ending lol

Back
Top Bottom