My new vzr n1 version 2

Glad to hear it's gone to a good home then. I've followed the progress of this V2 for years so I'm glad it's being kept by an enthusiast. Hope he leaves the graphics on!! :)

Well mate, I'll drop in one last time on your build.

It's sad to see you parting ways with your N1, it's been a long road, and you must be congratulated on seeing your build through to the level it is now at.

I know all too well how hard these cars can be to find those last few 'oh so rare' parts for, but the lad who is taking the reigns on it has the connections, I just hope he doesn't let this one slip off to the other side of the world like his last :p

You're forever a part of the Version-II owners mate. Such a small group of few, but all share the passion together.

P.S, I've still not done with my resto ;) it's coming along, as always.

Best of luck friend.

Reactions: Sam
Thanks for dropping in on the thread.

I may have another Paris but not for the foreseeable future. It's being returned to standard and in a way I'm happy with that.

Also I would nearly prefer it went to Australia it should be reunited with its black brother. Can imagine the two of them coming off the line together and getting reunited on this small island only to be separated again.

If i'm ever going over ill have to drop in for a look for sure.

Thanks again and ill watch your build with interest.

15x6.5 et 45

Not wanting to sound like a d*ck here Sam... I hope.. ;)

But actually the standard fitment specification for the Version-II (Autech K116 option) issued Enkei RC-T2's were 15x6.5 ET40, as was listed in the cars owners supliment manual, and the tech sheets.
But your listing of ET45 is also correct, although these were only on the cars fitted with the altered geometry rear beam axel.

The RC-T2R's were also available via Nismo. These were the competition only rims with no provision for a center cap, and larger openings around the wheel stud/nut.
These were issued in both 15x7 ET45 and 15x6.5 ET35

N1 Nismo option (available to Nissan Motorsport account holders) rear beam axel was manufactured with a setting of 0 degrees of rear toe-in.
This aided turn in at corner entry over the standard specification (JN15/FN15/N15) rear beam axel that was set with toe in.

Toe in is generally used on the rear to stabilise the car at corner entry by causing the outside loaded wheel to be angled into the direction of the corner, it also stabilises the car in a straigh line under both acceleration and braking.

This was often added along with the much sought after Nismo option body mounted rear sway bar / stabiliser kit

...And the need for the narrower ET45 rear offset on the 0deg rear beam, is because the stub axel mounting plates that dictate the amount of toe, were altered at the forward most part of the beam, this caused the mount plate, and therefore axel and wheel to sit somewhat further out, this widened the track width. But as track width has an adverse effect on other aspects of handling, the ET45 offset was used to bring the (overall) track width back to that of the same measurement as the ET40 with the standard toe in setting.

My Nismo rear beam also has the trailing arms mounted a little further in when directly compared with a standard beam.

Last edited:
N1 Nismo option (available to Nissan Motorsport account holders) rear beam axel was manufactured with a setting of 0 degrees of rear toe-in.
This aided turn in at corner entry over the standard specification (JN15/FN15/N15) rear beam axel that was set with toe in.

Toe in is generally used on the rear to stabilise the car at corner entry by causing the outside loaded wheel to be angled into the direction of the corner, it also stabilises the car in a straigh line under both acceleration and braking.

This was often added along with the much sought after Nismo option body mounted rear sway bar / stabiliser kit

...And the need for the narrower ET45 rear offset on the 0deg rear beam, is because the stub axel mounting plates that dictate the amount of toe, were altered at the forward most part of the beam, this caused the mount plate, and therefore axel and wheel to sit somewhat further out, this widened the track width. But as track width has an adverse effect on other aspects of handling, the ET45 offset was used to bring the (overall) track width back to that of the same measurement as the ET40 with the standard toe in setting.

My Nismo rear beam also has the trailing arms mounted a little further in when directly compared with a standard beam.

Crazy info; thanks a lot!

Nice Sam! ...and just like the set up on these awesome recent arrivals to Australia.

Would be a nice sight to open up the back of your transporter and have this looking back at you!!

Ex. Nismo / Petronas MME team. Genuine N1 Nismo N15 Pulsar's, now being run in Australia by Garth Walden Racing. Can't wait to check these out in detail in the Wakefield Park pits very soon!

Follow them on Garth Waldon Racing Facebook. Should be very interesting.

Yeah I've seen them on there, awesome things I'd like to see a lot more of them.

How did your trip over there go?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom