my now black GTi

Would probably have been as cheaper to buy a cheap sprayer and compressor, and some paint, than use cans.

How many cans of paint did it take to do the full car?

glad someone learnt to read :roll::rolleyes:

so erm. not cheaper by a LONG SHOT

£4.50 x 8 = £36

even if he went for the big expensive £8.50 ones

£8.50 x £68

1ltr of paint costs on average between £18 - £25

1 1/2 litres to spray a car

thinners to mix

£8 250Fl. Oz
£23 1 ltr
£15 1/2 Ltr

£10-£20 - touch up gun
£60+ for a decent 2nd hand gun

rough prices - all vary from location and brand

thats without a CHEAP compressor

what ya reckon?

and by the way - with matt you will get a good enough finish froma tin can if applied properly, just as good as any gun will provide

;)

if he wants to matt lacquer it however :p

Compressors at Netto are regularly in at £60 including a spray gun and other accessories ;)

Would have thought it would have taken more paint than 8 spray cans!

Cocky shit :rolleyes:

ahhhh but a cocky shit that reads :D

:gay: lol

yep compressors can be!

but then they are also the little diddly ones too, that should really be only done panel by panel, in which case you can do a panel by panel and do a great job with a can

all bydebye

either way, its all not necessary

DAVE

me and oscar have been getting the car ready for drag racing agian tomorrw this time i got serious! i want a 14sec pass so we did abit of stripping to really get the weight down even more.. :-

17052008483.jpg

17052008484.jpg

17052008485.jpg

17052008486.jpg

no sound deadening left no heater or any other bits like that or sterio any more... :D

tommo is bringing me two 15" gti alloys with bald tyres so will roast them good and see if i can get some traction

im a bell end lol not a legend... im runnin teso hi-octain and the timing advanced to pritty much max im gona beck her of slightly hopefully make her pull alittle better.. it aint pritty but it works lol

well today was an utter fail the 15" tyres were utter wank nothing but spin. i managed a new personal best of 15.4 again nothing but spin but the weight saving meant i managed to get up to speed every run im hittin 90mph.. i just need to hook up as my 60ft times are terible. i know with some good tyres i could get a 14sec run.

Back
Top Bottom