My Old GTi (Gizmo)

Corbs I've got two GTi hubs with good wheel bearings here you can HAVE for free.. Fuck ABS, take the bulb out.
Get your tracking done and check your tire pressures handling wise.
And either take it to an MOT tester you know personally, or fit a completely standard exhaust.
And you'll have your GTi!!
xx

I appreciate it Joe, really I do, but if I do that, then whats going to go wrong next? It just goes on and on never being done properly, problems coming up constantly, like I said before its always just one more thing and I never get to enjoy it as its always off the road.

combine the dieing power with the lowely one, just think of the transformers 2

just need some afterburners or something

The way things look at the moment, the black GTi will be going into store, I'll be harvesting panels etc off it for Tasha's GTi, then the engine for my SRi (When I get the time to do the swap), so if you want it back at a knock down price I shouldnt see why not.

As I said to you before though, you're literally on the verge of having probably the best P1 GTi on the club..
So close!
Joe

I know what you mean Joe, believe me I do, but May 2008 I was on the verge, then after the 2nd engine swap I was on the verge, then after refurbing the whole shebang I was on the verge (When the cam sprocket went woooosh), now I am still there, and still I can't drive the car without fear or worry or legal documents. It's always just out of reach. I'm not sick of it anymore, I'm just apathetic, which to me is worse, I just dont want it or care about it anymore.

Ragged the living daylights out of it on the way home though :lol:

Well here we come to the end of my story, it's been a strange old journey.

MoT day the other week.
IMG_3953.jpg

IMG_3956.jpg

Washed and waxed

IMG_4019copy.jpg

IMG_4018.jpg

IMG_4020.jpg

IMG_4021.jpg

IMG_4022.jpg

IMG_4023.jpg

IMG_4024.jpg

IMG_4025.jpg

IMG_4026.jpg

Ben, Will and friends came down in Eliots old GTi to pick it up...
IMG_4027.jpg

New owner's first drive
IMG_4028.jpg

IMG_4029.jpg

And then she was gone
IMG_4030.jpg

IMG_4031.jpg

It was one hell of a steep learning curve. Would I do it again? Maybe. Did it go to plan? No.
Did it make me smile?
Yes.

awww, so philosophical in these final moments :) :lol:

you're not foolin anyone corbs, the minute you can i bet you'll get a GTi again, or sr20 the 5 door more likely ;)

want my old engine when the ve goes in?! :lol: although phil might have dibs on it

I feel your pain Corbs.

My old GTi looks the tits in those pics, its left a hole the GT is'nt filling!

VZR is next on my list!

Yeah I think I hid the damage quite well. On the plus side the lad was doing pretty good MPG, hell of a trek from whitby to clevedon and back!

just made it home what a fucking drive 300 miles on half a tank eco driving all the way. she goes well. nice doing business.

Back
Top Bottom