My Old GTi (Gizmo)

good to see its in and running, remember that that engine thats in there now was on 155000 mies!

Seeing as she's working again, and the last time she was cleaned was august 2008, thought a spruce up was rather overdue.
Filth
IMG_3353.jpg

Fitted the standard GTi exhaust (Runs so nice and smooth)
IMG_3354.jpg

The dynamic duo
IMG_3355.jpg

I also refitted the P1 grille, I think I prefer it to the mesh one now.
Before
IMG_3356.jpg

After
IMG_3358.jpg

Once I get to the bottom of the rev counter issue the dash etc can go back in, then its time to get the underseal out.

Congrats Corblah :thumb: Black comes out so well and this is no exception :)

Fitted rear strut brace and took her out on a trip to the pub last night, she did well, exhaust is blowing and a few things feel like they need tightening (Wheels need balancing I think), noisy wheel bearing is annoying too.
Got a few pics though!
Strut brace in
IMG_3401.jpg

Driving without a dash until I fix the rev counter
IMG_3400.jpg

Fitted new wing mirrors in place of nymo's old badly sprayed ones
IMG_3397.jpg

Few random shots
IMG_3388.jpg

IMG_3389.jpg

IMG_3398.jpg

IMG_3399.jpg

IMG_3402.jpg

IMG_3403.jpg

Aye all in good time. Drove it 'spiritedly' for the first time tonight and discovered a bad manifold leak so got to try and sort that ASAP - think it just needs tightening and pasting.
The handling was truly awful though, think the tyres need attention and re-tracking/balancing. The shocks might be on their last legs too. The car was extremely wallowy and turning at high speed was very 'skittish'. With any luck this, and the horrendous ride height, can be addressed at the same time :)
I mean, just look at it. What were Nissan thinking?
IMG_3411.jpg

Back
Top Bottom