My Old GTi (Gizmo)

Clean pics whore..
IMG_3448.jpg

IMG_3449.jpg

IMG_3452.jpg

IMG_3453.jpg

Manifold's fixed, and I cant believe how quick it is. Absolutely bloody love it.

Looks lovely, a long time coming but lovely. :) I much prefer the P1 body kit.

Just need some collies to set it off a treat ;)

It amazes me after all the problems and work you've had to do with the car, how it can still polish up and look that good.:cool:

You're a fucking legend Corbs.
Blood, Sweat, Tears and a shit load of money have been thrown into this.
It does look the absolute bollocks now tho.
One of the best P1's in the club.
Joe

Bit of tarting up as the engine bay was a bit of a mess. Sprayed the rocker cover and TB to inlet manifold cover, removed the resonator box off the bottom of the inlet. Goes a lot better with the BMC :)
IMG_3643.jpg

And last night went up on the moors with a few mates, got some nice shots of Gizmo and Texas Pete.
IMG_3647copy.jpg

IMG_3648.jpg

Maybe, if a cheap one comes up :) . I've definitely had fun doing one thing at a time, now the exhaust is on it feels so much quicker. Would definitely be interested to see what it makes. It's been parked up now while I return to the SRi for a bit, MoT on the GTi is due soon and I want to overhaul the floorpan before suspension goes on too.
I have to say that it was a shock going to the SRi after driving this for so long! Although the 5-door does have a stereo and fans that work properly, the brakes are spongy as hell and it is soooo much slower!

Failed MoT friday, took it home and thought I'd cured it, failed again today.

Emissions way over (Was way under last year), wheel bearing is shot.

I'm so fed up now it's unbelievable. Sick and tired of it stabbing me in the back all the time and never getting to drive it because its always one more thing. Getting some prices tomorrow and depending on the outcome it may be getting scrapped once and for all.

Ive got another one if you want to try it.... if paul is better and back to work now hes pretty cheap at getting bits

Back
Top Bottom