My PH2 GTI

Very good figures! I'm particularly interested as it's pretty much exactly the same mods as mine will have as of next week.

What mileage you on?

Car looks spankin too like!

its not the 165bhp you should be happy about, its the 145whp that is damn good and thats were it matters, bhp is just an estimate, good figure man :)

That's a good point. It looks like transmission losses of 15% were factored in (x1.15). In this case, the figures are very impressive. Seriously, the engine must be an absolute minter.

there is only 75,000 on my engine, bought it at 61,000 a yr ago, to be honest, its serviced alot,, thats prob y the figures werent bad lol! Cleaned the air flow meter with brake cleaner just, apparently all the nissans, IE 200sx, skylines, almera gti's all suffer with the same prob, air flow meters clogs up, which leans the engine out reli bad. A m8s 200sx was runnin 190 break, with intercooler, boost controller, Exhaust system, elbow etc , until his airflow meter was cleaned - 283bhp his car made on the rollers!

So guys anyone with Sr20's, clean ur air flow meter regularily, thats wot im gona start and do, it wil save the engine over time to be honest.

Wots the transmission loss all about bandit_senior? Does the VVL mean bolting on the Ve head? or is there alot of engine work to be done? dont no a tremendous amout about how valves and stuff work lol!

your mates 200sx gain'd tones then, i need to do mine to i reckon. 95% sure its never been done before either. 75k is nice mileage fella, shame il never see this car in real life so to speak. id be very happy with the fact that just with bolt on mods you got engine bhp at the wheels. this should translate with no back seats and spare wheel removed of a 14.9sec 1/4mile tyre R bustin' time - get in lad.

david

yea gained some horsies lol. Dont tempt me to take the seats out lol! spare wheel is already out, dont need that ;-) ("touch wood") lol

Nice car

Very Clean car mate, like the colour!! My bro swears by his Maguires polish tae, makes a hell of a difference! I have practically the exact same set up as you apart from not having a uprated exhaust manifold and I've got a pipercross induction kit so quite good to know that they make that much of difference.

What kind of clutch are you looking to get as I'm going to do the same hopefully, cash permitting as usual!!

you can swap the VE head onto a DE block but machine work is needed dude, you have quite low tranny loss, most SR20 boxes have around 20% - 23%

sooooooo tommos more built one made 170? and this standard ish made 165?.......

What was Tommos Wheel HP fig?

With SR20's, 20% transmission losses are the norm. If you take those into account, this car could actually be producing 174bhp (145*1.2). There is another way to calculate it that brings this car to 172.2.......

It's still an estimate at the end of the day which is why i prefer to measure actual WHP, as it is a direct measurement and is more difficult to dispute. A lot of people seem more concerned with the engine power as opposed to what the car is actually putting down to the ground.

Just for reference, a Civic Type R produces 166whp.

I`ve seen type Rs with 155whp as standard.

Alot depends on wheel size/weight...tyre pressure/rolling resistance etc.

WHP is the most accurate measurement, the rest are estimates.

So i take it 15% loss is good then lol! as i said b 4 somethig i no very little about. . .Got my exedy clutch orderd today lookin forward to that

15% is un-heard off to me 20% is more the norm, however even that is still an estimate. They some how measure the drag after the bhp run during the whine down to get the flywheel hp. Im not entirely sure how this is done.

On most dyno’s im not overly convinced anyways with whp, as on their rollers the tyre is in contact at two points compared to one when your driving on the road. More surface area is more resistance on the tyre.

david

You cant just say whp is questionable when the engine HP is calculated from that figure! Without taking the engine out and bench testing it, measurement of power at the wheels is the ONLY way to measure power.

Dynojet dyno`s use a single roller ;). Ths is where i got mine done.......

http://www.hlmtuning.co.uk/rolling_road.html

I got mine done at a place called AI Autosport, they are deemed to be the best and most reliable in Northern Ireland, Im sure stewarty04 thinks the same lol

Back
Top Bottom