My SI

• Thread starter Thread starter Gynx
  • Start date Start date
Was plannin going the turbo route not this crimbo but next september time.

The pistons im lookin at give a 8.4:1 compression ratio.. , hardly good if i were goin for N/A tuning. replacement cams , (PON cams if i come into a small fortune lol) 3.5kg flywheel , probably the ACT clutch if the others either aint as good or cost alot more

Will all depend what figures they'd be putting out. If it aint gonna be finacially worth it , N/A & high comp pistons will be a better approach

Plenty more things that need to be planned before choosing mind

I think insurance may actually be less for the swap than a normal out and out GTi! Also with the 1.4, u might not get as much weight with it.

A swap would certainly involve up-rated brakes on front and back. Even with my sri i plan on doing the brakes when i get round to the gti or gti-r swap in a few months

The idea's to get discs & calipers all round that are designed to cope with about 300bhp. Im hoping the insurance will see that as a good omen.

Ofcourse if it turns out to be to much work , getting a GA16DE in & turboing that would be just as good. Could still easily hit me target 200 (Inc Nitrous Oxide), although it seems finding re-inforced parts is proving to be a challenge. Only found Pistons so far

not entirely chuffed with the way this has come out , since ive lost the leather texture effect on a 1 inch squared area in one of the clock surrounds corners. Part from that , its come out alright i guess :)

Attachments

• steering.jpg
    steering.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 225
With those colors in the dash u must be a girl? ;)

Im getting over 200bhp by just doing 0.35bar boost on the standard SR20DE engine.

I aint ;)

Got Pink neons aswell though :eek:

Although could probably squeeze more BHP out of a tuned turbo GA16DE , dont really want to though to be honest , 200 (or about 140 without N20) will be fast enough

Some how its a manly pink car :cool: a well the inside don't look that bright its the flash on the camra.

wahey, ya finally registerd then lol , was waitin for ya to do that. Oh well welcome i guess :D see ya in an hour :rolleyes:

Been a good few months since it was last properly washed etc so I felt the need to stop in the local asda on the way back to take some piccys :D. Car aint changed much since the last pics , just a few things like clear front & side repeaters , phase 2 rear lights & a white front grill.

Its been sold aswell.... leaving me whenever the new car arrives. £700 aswell :eek: .

Will Have some more pics from the same location following Sunday , the pink neons are finally going on after 6 month in the garage

Attachments

• asda1.jpg
    asda1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 97
  • asda3.jpg
    asda3.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 83
  • asda4.jpg
    asda4.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 83
  • asda5.jpg
    asda5.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 77
Looks 'pretty' sweet... but don't psychologists say that purple just shows up withheld sexual frustration???? :( ( a special purple smiley for you there mate) lol

Do ya think the neons make me look more of a man :lol:

Attachments

• neon_front.jpg
    neon_front.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 161
yes matt ur lass was very impressed with the erm....... hours u spent puttin them neons on her new car. pure graft m8 sweating it owt for her lol :roll:

but on a serious note they really suite the car wen u see itwas wel impressed

aye she seems happy about em (So she should be gettin the whole car for 700 lol) although from a design point of view im chuffed with them , the colours are spot on what id imagined they'd be.

Got some funny looks of some of the lads at arnie :roll:

u buy a gti kit for it, would like to know where u got the sideskirts and other body parts.

Back
Top Bottom