My SI

• Thread starter Thread starter Gynx
  • Start date Start date
Gynx said:
Will get a Video of the electric Transtop next week while im at it

Nice car mate.

Best not to Fuk about with with the roof too much, one of my mates has got a UK VTI with the electric roof. It went wrong, and cost him best part of £1000 to get it fixed :eek:

england mate , the chances we get to do such things are short , infrequent & rare lol

besides.. after driving at 100 earlier with the roof & windows down , it wasnt all that comfortable lol

3500 , with 6 month tax & MOT. Got about 40k on the clock & zero rust after 13 year :D

It also had the worst possible oil filter weve ever came accross. Hand tightend... ? , my fking arse. Had to puncture the thing with a chisel & screw it off lol

it looks very nice... was looking at my mates, brothers silver del sol the other day and they are REALLY growing on me... shame i aint got the money... whats the insurance like??? maybe when my girlfriend or bro pass there test i'll give/sell them the mera and pick up one of these... only the 1.5 though...

This SiR is the highest model that came out in the States , Japan & Europe (Only released in Japan) , has the optional extras (Better 6x9's in the back , Transtop , Limited Slip Diff , Discs all round & Traction Control) aswell as the JDM compression adding 7-9bhp.

Comes out at group 16-17 , yet im only paying £300 more than my 1.4 Almera (with mods declared) & 4000 less miles per year lol

Aint sure if you'd want the 1.5 though

Europe: VTi (1.6 VTEC DOHC) ESi (1.6 VTEC SOHC)
America: S (1.5 SOHC) Si (1.6 VTEC SOHC) VTEC (1.6 VTEC DOHC)
Japan: VXi (1.5 SOHC) SiR (1.6 VTEC DOHC)

group 16-17!!! shite thats pretty high considering my 1.4 is group 4... what group is the 1.5 in??? im paying £780 now for my mera TPFT and thats under my mums insurance aswel:D or do you think that me only being 19 i shouldnt bother lol

im 20 on july 10th mate lol. Although im paying £850 TPFT for the 1.4 Almera with All mods declared , and the policys in my name. Depends how long youve been driving , ive got 2 years driving & 2 NCB

Have to admit from what ive found so far , the Sol's are worth every penny comfort wise & for performance. The Sound of VTEC kicking in with the roof off is just amazing aswell. Should of been a little scared by the jump from 1.4 to 1.6 VTEC but id been driving a R33 GTS-T Skyline a few weeks previously (I couldnt refuse such an offer lol) which has got me gagging for a turbo

really so i bet your paying an arm and a leg on insurance for that baby... or are you just keeping it asleep until the insurance comes down...

£1050 TPFT on the Sol , with it valued at £2500 , on 5000 mile per year SD&P , garaged , Immobilised , 2 NCB , 2 years driving. With 2 added drivers on the policy

If your coming to the Rollers on Saturday , ill take you out for a lil drive in it :), see what ya think

... thats good... thats very good, which insurer you with??? im currently with churchill, but every internet based quote ive tried for a sol is refusing me:(
yeah that would be cool:D the interiors look sweet... been looking at them on ebay theres some real nice ones on there...

Try Elephant , or Bell Direct (different company , both part of Admiral group , both use same quoting database & program so naturally... both give same prices)

have to give them ago tommorrow, if the insurance is around £1200 i think that will be the next vehicle i purchase;)

Bear in mind, that if the insurance is what you after then more than just that is on the cards.

Prelude VTi (2.2 litre , 220bhp VTEC), Civic VTi or EK9 Type R (Jap import only)

Aint sure whether they'll insure you on the Prelude , but the Civic's are fine.

i do like the honda civics... again the insurance on one of them is MEGA i get quoted through the roof for a 1.3 dx/glacier... but i really like the del-sol, tbh at first i thought it looked a bit "girly", now that ive looked at more of them ive realised that they aint:D and now i want one lol

I had originally planned for the whole Bodykit , 19" Alloys , bling bling bla bla bla , but after driving the thing completely changed my mind & have gone for the performance route. Dont even want a bodykit at all now , or big wheels.

Its getting sprayed Black , with 16" White , Black, Black with lip , or Bronze wheels n thats all visually.

Just remember , its a 2 seater... so far im getting away with it , but if you ever use or need 4 seats , dont buy one of these cos you really cant fit fk all inside them. a Civic woule be identical performance wise but retain the 4 seats. The Civic VTi also shouldnt more than £100 different than the Del Sol VTi

yeah true but thats why my missus would have a hatchback probably a mera:D tbh not really too bothered about the performance... as long as its reasonably reliable, decent insurance... the looks are the feature i like the most and the interior looks pretty sweet aswell, just think it would be really cool to have one.

Gynx said:
not entirely chuffed with the way this has come out , since ive lost the leather texture effect on a 1 inch squared area in one of the clock surrounds corners. Part from that , its come out alright i guess :)

I did the paint for a mates car and we pulled out the plastic around the spedo and taco etc and painted that, we even done the needles but they are a bit hard to see at night now :lol: (Just refering to the interrior paint you showed on page two, sorry I know I'm a bit slow to respond).

Lance said:
yeah true but thats why my missus would have a hatchback probably a mera:D tbh not really too bothered about the performance... as long as its reasonably reliable, decent insurance... the looks are the feature i like the most and the interior looks pretty sweet aswell, just think it would be really cool to have one.

The Looks are something of a marmite thing, Ie I had planned to go for bodykit etc , but after buying the car & looking at it, I really didnt want to change it, personally I think the thing just lowerd will be gorgeous , like the one below. Although as for reliability.... Its a Honda , nuff said.

mynewsol8nm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom