My SRi, aka DiY Hell

kow_gti said:
Corbs I love them wheels the way they look, how you geting them sorted out? Coating of some sort?? Is that a silver kinda rim I see aswell?? I really like that, I was thinking about white powder coating my wheels... might think again now ;p
Hey mate those are ordinary GTi wheels, I sanded them down (You need to do a lot of sanding otherwise it looks crap and peels) and sprayed on about 6 coats of halfords primer and 6 of KH3 black and about 4 coats of clear laquer! Only took about 2 days work! To get the silver lip I just did a lot of masking off around the endge of the wheel. I like it :cool:

re Sprint:
I thought that my rust problem was like yours, and had planned to just sand back and treat the rust before fitting sideskirts, only the rust was much worse than I had assumed, and I now have holes in my sills :(

The plan now is to get the new suspension shocks and springs fitted and the sills properly sanded down and welded up, then sideskirts put on to hide the welds. Going to have to practice my paint blending to get the arches right though. At least this way it'll be off my mind at last, got to do the arches on the GTi at the same time!

Slick Rick said:
lol! you probably think I'm copying you now. I changed my oil straight after you and tomorrow I'm going for an MOT too!

Good luck with the work btw! Try and do as much as you can yourself.
Definately, I wish I could get the same spray effect as you :( did you use an air compressor to do yours? My blending is pants, otherwise I'd do the arches straight away!

Corbs said:
Definately, I wish I could get the same spray effect as you :( did you use an air compressor to do yours? My blending is pants, otherwise I'd do the arches straight away!

OK. Ill give away my secret...its all about the nozzles i used that came with the spray can.
The red nozzle gives a concentrated spray and the white sprays thinner over a wide area. They both spray lines instead of spots and you can twist them to spray vertically or horizontally. Just remember to take them off the can when you twist it or you'll end up spraying your fingers :lol:

Halfords spray cans come with some shit nozzles that spray in small thick circles, its tooo easy to make the paint drip with those...just ask my dad lol!

Well they came with my spray can . If you go to a decent paint/body shop they will probably sell them or throw them in when you buy some paint.

Cool thanks mate!

On a different note, I just phoned up the insurance company and asked what my premium would be if my girlfriend (19, same age as me although driving for less than a year) were on my policy. To my surprise, I would get over £100 REFUNDED! How crazy is that!?

Corbs said:
Cool thanks mate!

On a different note, I just phoned up the insurance company and asked what my premium would be if my girlfriend (19, same age as me although driving for less than a year) were on my policy. To my surprise, I would get over £100 REFUNDED! How crazy is that!?

ya what?!?! :eek:

saying that... I added my bro on my insurance, hes erm...24 (I think) and hes been driving a few years, nothing changed... but I did have to pay a small admin charge for some daft reason lol.. I was still pissed off with the admin charge haha!!

But to get money refunded?!?! jesus!! lol..

Corbs said:
Cool thanks mate!

what company are you with?

RAC, put it through today, got £111 back! It goes upa nd down daily, like last friday it was 113, then monday 79, tues 72... just have to get it at a good time! Might add my sister as well lol...

Corbs said:
RAC, put it through today, got £111 back! It goes upa nd down daily, like last friday it was 113, then monday 79, tues 72... just have to get it at a good time! Might add my sister as well lol...

i wouldn't go puttin too many women on your policy, everytime you get in the car there will be make-up and shit everywhere (have you seen inside a woman's handbag?) and your wheels will get all kerbed!! :lol: :lol:

Haha, I told the girlfriend that I was putting her on the policy, and she said
'so that means I can drive your car?
(pause)
guess not.'
But you're right the make-up and stuff will increase weight!

Corbs said:
Haha, I told the girlfriend that I was putting her on the policy, and she said
'so that means I can drive your car?
(pause)
guess not.'
But you're right the make-up and stuff will increase weight!

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom