My SRi

Nice one Paul, Yeah, I found it to smooth the rev range up a bit, and made the car feel a bit more responsive. A good free mod.

yeap, now at 15, cant see the full affects yet as my clutch has only done 10 miles! so ive got to be gentle for a while.

Please say youve got your car running!....

Nope, not yet. :O
The question is, will it be ready for the AOC track day next week!?

precisely. mate if you still need the dizzy ill go round my mates, wake him up to get you one! lol

Had the clutch changed on saturday as i was sick of the constantly varying bite point and odd slip also the pedal was verrrry heavy.

One that came out was a Valeo clutch so best guess is it was the original, one of the springs in the centre hub had snapped and allowed it to rattle when i shook it, wether that has any affect on the grip, pedal feel i dont know.

Anyway fitted an LUK clutch and at last it pulls properly especially off the line as i always had to be gentle pulling off form stationary with the old one.

Anyway heres the shitter...

Randomly popped the bonnet earlier to check the oil and saw a bolt hanging out, yes hanging out! And the another had unwound 5mm, havent had a chance to check the others yet but the garage is getting a bollocking. Only thing i can think is that the long bolt is where the short bolt should be as there is about 8mm of thread showing through the threaded hole on the block therefore the short bolt has come undone as barely any thread would have been in the engine block

I always go to this garage for clutchs and they go and do a shoddy job like this! And they also said i NEED a new clutch cable, said that about my first almera, didnt believe them and it never felt worn/damaged.

Lucky its not a Pug 106 as i discovered last night, only 3 bolts hold their gearboxes onto the engine!

Update, picked this brilliant manifold up from Kelv on saturday, top bloke, had to scoot and get his mates some trainers :p

S3010008.jpg

Exhaust is a tad raspy now but i can live with that as its a good performance rasp not just a back box fart haha

Was a bit of a pig to get on the car, had to jack the car up quite far, remove the rad fans and radiator, also the air con gas/oil has gone as i had to remove the pipe which was fun having a mist of refrigerant around me haha. I will need to get a custom pipe made up for it as it will go back on however it touches the manifold and i dont want to melt it.

I thought it made a difference but had to check it wasnt just in my mind because i wanted it to make a difference, so had to test it....

Before hand, against a mates fiesta zetec s, he would just pull away easily, by 70mph he would be easily 1.5 maybe 2 truck lengths in front of me!

Not anymore, absolutly nothing in it now, seriously impressed, AAS exhausts know what their doing!

To put it in perspective a fiesta zetec S weighs 950 kilos and standard rolling roaded cars have been proved to be 110bhp, So for an Almera that weighs 1050 ish kilos from factory, plus the addition of heavier wheels, heavier brakes, a very heavy parcel shelf and tools in the boot im seriously impressed, so curious im going to get it rolling roaded :)

Overall im really chuffed and im tempted to buy a set of cams next month also :)

Good stuff, glad someone on the AOC eventually bought that manifold, its a nice peice of kit.

Will be very interesting to see the Rolling Road results.

Looks good in Coventry lol, I'm glad it made a difference mate! did to the NX too, what catback have you got? if you haven't already said. would be cool to see how much bhp you can get N/A out of the ga16, I was going to but changed plans as you know! i am handing the baton (well, manifold) to you!

Well the car is booked in for a power run at Thor Racing on monday the 12th :)

Its not a rolling road though, the dyno bolts to the hubs, heard this is more accurate as it removes the chance of any loss of power from tyre slip.

Will running it with no lambda affect the results?

had a good hard clean today and fitted the induction kit. the air con pipe is strapped up as it touches the manifold when its bolted onto the compressor so it needs a custom pipe making up sometime

clean1.jpg

enginebayyum.jpg

oh yes, cant wait, ill drop the timing back to 15 today.

Well it was beating saxo VTRs last night so its not 100bhp anymore lol

CoV said:
oh yes, cant wait, ill drop the timing back to 15 today.

Well it was beating saxo VTRs last night so its not 100bhp anymore lol

cool!

what i said about the timing though is entirely upto you dude, but thats how i was told, soon as i mentioned the timing being so far forward steve at silverline he said instantly that was most likely my problem. if you explain it to thor im sure they will point you in more of a direction than i can. only difference i can think of is that the 1400 timing might be slightly further back than the 16, which prbably explains mine running flat after 4500 rpm at 17deg.......

good luck mate :D

Back
Top Bottom