My Trop Green GTi

joe wezz's also pulled 171whp with justy 16ve cams and a low rev limit. and you don't care about figures anyway right?! :p

if this was at they fly i'm pretty sure steve woulda been worried and it really wouldn't seemed very quick to him would it

oooh we have a bitchy vvl battle again! wait till dave bull get in on this action :P

hhaha nah man me and wezz had a quick little chat about it when i popped past the other day - well done man
nice to see others cracking on with it

i cant wait to compare steve, all that weight is going to let you down boss, 6whp wont help you out there :lol: much north east love :D

having said that, after its mapped properly with a rev limit closer to yours im sure the gap will be less than 6hp hehe :)

got round to fitting these today
SV100765.jpg

cheers again sam
and quicky for helping to fit them
also would like to thank SIMCARD for bringing them up north

Well i cant resist anymore, i was speaking to Ed yesterday about this car....and to my disbelief the figure of 177hp is actually FLYWHEEL.

So there you go folks, the debate is over.

Hope you dont mind Steve, but people have a right to know.

But god damn it should make more than that. AFR's seem spot on and Ed is adament that it wouldnt make more power on its current set-up.

I'm astonished!!

How can it be that much low on standard 20ve power???

Did you strip any of the engine down Ste, and check the internals prior to installation???

It's got pretty much the same setup as mine apart from I have all new bottom end internals and no air-con and I'm pulling 213hp at the flywheel!

its a fucking number!

it means nothing! see what it pulls on the strip then moan if steve's happy with how its pulling then leave the poor lad alone!

im happy with the way it runs
had every intention of having it on the rollers again anyway now that the standard airbox and filter have been removed
and its had a good few miles on it since the swap
still need to do a compresion test too

I'm astonished!!

How can it be that much low on standard 20ve power???

Did you strip any of the engine down Ste, and check the internals prior to installation???

It's got pretty much the same setup as mine apart from I have all new bottom end internals and no air-con and I'm pulling 213hp at the flywheel!

nah didnt strip anything down dont know how long it had been sat waiting to be bought either
probably should have stripped the head of and had a look

---------- Post added at 17:57 ---------- Previous post was at 17:56 ----------

nah de-cat and 2.25 cat back

I think its just another Joe moment, were the dyno is being wierd. I done a RR day about 3 years ago and a XE corsa pulled 120hp, but was faster than mine that pulled 165 just before him. It was also a Dyno dynamics.

new stuff fitted
omp boss
lifline quick release
momo steering wheel
23042010.jpg

23042010001.jpg

23042010002.jpg

just gotta take the clocks out to remove the airbag light
and wire a horn in somewhere

Back
Top Bottom