SV100682.jpg

VE head fitted
SV100685.jpg

short and sweet update still have a few things to do IE:
new fuel lines as there now to short
modify 1 of the coolant pipes
swap the throttle body
plumb the external oil feed

hoping to have it running tomorrow fingers crossed :):)

anyone planning to do this to there's remove the engine its alot easier i wish i did

Awesome, but yeah like you said, i'd rather drop the engine for the hassle its worth. Nothing like working on an engine whilst its out of the car.

Nice, yeh I wish I had of dropped the engine out to work on mine. But space/lift was an issue so never really had an option.

got it all back together turned the key and it wont run its only firing on 2 cylinders it's firing on #2,3 as the manifold for these were getting hot and the other two were stone cold

ive checked the timming twice inlet cam at 10 and outlet at 12 21 pins between cam gears going to replace the plugs tomorrow and try again

got it all back together turned the key and it wont run its only firing on 2 cylinders it's firing on #2,3 as the manifold for these were getting hot and the other two were stone cold

ive checked the timming twice inlet cam at 10 and outlet at 12 21 pins between cam gears going to replace the plugs tomorrow and try again

oh balls :( - 21 pins between timing marks? i presume thats a ve head thing then?! isn't it 20 pins normally?

20 it is, this is the problem with leaving the block in, lining the chain up on the bottom cog at TDC with both cams, then messing with the tensioner it's just horrible. Maybe easier on ramps, otherwise just drop the lot and do it the easy way once it's infront of you.

thats a fucker.. you sure the leads are on the right way round id start basic and move from there.. if the timing was off enough to knock 2 cylinders off then non would fire.. what injectors are you running?

if its the VE ones remember there bigger than normal DE ones could be overfueling it..

did you check for spark on the two cylinders that werent firing.. stick a screw driver in the lead hold it close to the block and crank it should see a spark jump.

but i also have to echo kurts advice only way you can really do it properly is by getting the block out.. even then it can still be a ball ache...

well after sum tinkering realised that my timming was 180 deg out got that put right and spent a few hours trying to suss why she would still not start ...
then realised that i had put the fuel lines on the rail the wrong way round so swaped them around and

SHE'S ALIVE

big thanks to wezz

bet you wish i never had your # now lol

Back
Top Bottom