My Trop Green GTi

glad i could help mate, glad shes running :) do me a favour though, do a compression test, id like to see how much higher it is than mine

i have a little niggle when first started it idles spot on but after driving for a few mins the idle changes to 1500 sticks there for a while then slowly goes back to around 850

any idea's ?

my gti does it aswell, when fired up, its at 2000 rpm after driving 100-200m its 850 aswell, i think its cus of auto choke.

what i mean is after ive been driving it for a while it starts to idle high for no reason then will drop back to 850 even when the engine is warm its even been as high as 2500 rpm

check your base idle and tps, unplug your tps with the engine running and see what it does

The ECU is shitting itself, as the engine which it has known so ever dearly for the past 10 years has just een ripped apart infront of it's very eyes, and this jdm mail order bride is now there...with more compression, more flow, bigger cams etc.

will have to see how the cash flow is as im trying to get cash together for a remap

if i do go i wont be running till the car is sorted

you dont need to touch the ECU steve, its next to the pedals in the middle of the dash if you get me, you dont need the ECU but you do need to find the blue and orange wire that comes from it if thats what you mean? be careful as there are two, just follow the loom upto the dials though and you will see it (torch needed) :lol:

you dont need to touch the ECU steve, its next to the pedals in the middle of the dash if you get me, you dont need the ECU but you do need to find the blue and orange wire that comes from it if thats what you mean? be careful as there are two, just follow the loom upto the dials though and you will see it (torch needed) :lol:

cheers wezz

Back
Top Bottom