N15 Series 2 Sedan

Nothing really new with the car :(

I will be cleaning her in the next couple of days and hopefully taking some nice pics.

Also, I may have a couple of small additions coming this way...

Stay tuned.

Thanks
Chris

These ones? :D

I have actually considered it... But not sure...

Autech_Gold_Rims.jpg

Autech_Lucino_5_Door_SR-V.jpg

Ok so, I bought my JDM folding mirrors almost a year ago and the driver side mirror had been sluggish when folding and eventually stopped for a long time.

I swapped my drivers side mirror back to manual folding to see if I could fix it. It has taken me a long time to get around to it but a couple of weeks ago I opened them right up to perform a complete internal overhaul of the folding mechanism.

I opened them up, took apart the gears, de-greased, cleaned, scrubbed, re-assembled the gears, repacked with grease and assembled the housing and tested the mirror.

SN850039Large.jpg

SN850035Large.jpg

SN850034Large.jpg

SN850022Large.jpg

SN850026Large.jpg

Although the motor works fine, the mirror still refuses to retract. The culprit: a small nylon gear has worn where it contacts a metal gear. (in fact the only nylon gear in the whole system)

I had put up a wanted to buy thread for the offending part.

Yesterday, after a surprisingly short amount of time I was lucky enough to take delivery of the replacement gear.

The old one:

Oldgear.jpg

The comparison:

NewGearOld.jpg

most importantly... IT WORKS!!one!!

Today I had a shit day at work so I did some car modding therapy and installed the WORKING drivers side folding mirror so now I have matching JDM Power folding mirrors. WIN!!

I should have some more small updates arriving next week.

Thanks for reading.
Chris

as the cog is only worn on one side, could it not just be rotated 180 degrees so the worm gear only acts on the unworn teeth? Im gonna have a look at my passenger mirror as it only works occasionally/

as the cog is only worn on one side, could it not just be rotated 180 degrees so the worm gear only acts on the unworn teeth? Im gonna have a look at my passenger mirror as it only works occasionally/

I love how you have that wooden pole in your car to push your mirror out Sam LOL

Good Info right there!
Joe

Haha yeah man, hopefully it'll help out someone in the future...

I actually tried that but the cog does more than rotation so when the worm gear gets to that point again it stalls... :(

I love how you have that wooden pole in your car to push your mirror out Sam LOL

Hahaha mine was very much the same, but being on the drivers side I could just zap down the window, push it out with my hand and then continue driving... haha

It's a dash light dimmer switch. Standard on all AUDM Pulsars. It takes the place of the blank spot on JDM Pulsars and the headlight aiming switch on European Almera's.
:)

I think dad's Maxima has the same switch, so I think you could be right on that one...

Not the most useful instrument, but its there...

awesome pics on pg 18! good skills!!

i definately prefer the look of yours with black wheels on instead of the silver! :)

Back
Top Bottom