N16 1.5 Activ progress

No, the relay is a different thing altogether, it's a bit like a big fuse but does a different job. The relay box is on the opposite side of the engine bay to the fuse box, next to the washer fluid reservoir. There are various relays in there for different electronic systems, but it dosen't come with a front fog light relay if they wern't originally fitted to the car. It's really easy to fix, you just need to get the part. I overlooked this when I did my front fogs and couldn't work out why even after fitting the correct indicator stalk, they wouldn't work.
Yeah that's the box I meant on the left section of that box it has all the relays I think it's the top left one for fogs?

Okay I tried putting a fuse in and checked the relay box again, does anybody know if the right relay for the fogs is there? I might be thinking it's the wrong oneDSC_0053.jpgDSC_0054.jpg

Finally got round to buying some wheels, I've been looking for the sport+ twist 16" wheels for a while and some came up for £100, need a respray and new tyres but can't complain for £25 a wheel1232861_10151642756192998_1658229523_n.jpg

Reactions: edk
Couple more updates, been slacking with the wheels sanded them back and used filler primer just need to wet and dry them then I can paint them
1377624911030.jpg DSC_0192.jpg

I didn't bother masking the tyres as they are coming off anyway, anyone have any recommendations as to which tyres I should get? They currently have 195/55 R 16 87 V with no tread left

Cheers, I did scratch part of it as soon as I put it back in though! Need to do the glovebox yet it looks horrible. Does anyone know if you can do the surround for the speedo etc? Also does anyone recommend any tyres for my wheels?

Im sure it's possible to take the speedo apart. Whip it out and see what's needed.

Continental Sport Contact for those wheels. They're more expensive to buy, but that's offset by them lasting ages, and they're a far better ride quality and performance than your Falken or Kumho.

Im sure it's possible to take the speedo apart. Whip it out and see what's needed.

Continental Sport Contact for those wheels. They're more expensive to buy, but that's offset by them lasting ages, and they're a far better ride quality and performance than your Falken or Kumho.
I had Continentals on my steelies before they needed changing then I had Yokohamas, both were very good tyres! Have you managed to find the details on the lowering springs and KYB shocks yet mate?

I bought the KYBs second hand off a member here, so no way of tracing the company, and the springs were eBay. Don't think H&R make springs for the N16 now though.

Thanks for that Ed, Do I need the front mounting kit too, or are they already on the car? I don't know much about suspension sorry.

Nope, that's just the top mount that you reuse from the standard shocks.

See the fitting guide in the N16 Forums Resources links in my signature.

Direct link - http://www.almeraownersclub.com/threads/how-to-n16-remove-install-front-shock-absorbers.26826/
Thanks for that Ed, really appreciate it! Does anyone on here let their insurance know about lowering or alloys? My mates Dad is a mechanic and he said he could do them, so I'll probably get him to do them with me.

Back
Top Bottom