N16 DCi-R

I've been in your Startlet and although it's not fast, it's not a shopping trolley either and I'm sure it can handle a couple of runs before you have to worry about it going pop.

^lol.

Well I bit the bullet and bought a Lithium battery by Shorai, a Jap company. 2.2kg, 540 CCA which is similar to a Bosch S4. I have an S5 right now which is over 700 CCA but tbh the S4 was fine all year round. I got the S5 for the service life, but this Lithium one is supposed to be even better, AND the big thing is it holds charge for a year!

As well as lighter weight it's smaller so it'll be great for putting in the boot (also note no gasses). My S5 lead acid battery was 18kg so a saving of nearly 16kg is nothing to sniff at!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350875246667?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It's a higher spec battery to deliver enough for the Diesel, but the company does lots of lower spec cheaper versions which will be fine for petrol engines.

Last edited:
Thinking about going for a clean and simple look.

img_7525crop_cleandebadge-jpg.9475

See....no fog light win right there!!!

Reactions: edk
As said, for the SR you can get a much lesser spec with a much lesser price tag. They only need about 220 CCA, maybe less, I need the 540 CCA (cold crank amps).

They last longer too though so may be more money but service life is longer too ;)

You have proper slicks, you're getting the weight saving bug ( £200+ spent just to save weight ), stripping non essentials from the dash ect?

Not quite but the sat nav and climate control stuff including disgarded wiring weighs a fair bit!

-phone-

Back
Top Bottom