N16 DCi-R

Nearly spat my coffee out when i scrolled down to the inside photo lol, that's an extreme makeover in progress gl with that :)

Heh, nah not going to happen now. Going to aim for the end of the month now and means I can do a few more things taking advantage of it being off the road.

Yeah sucks man but a few things just didn't go my way.

Starlet will be there doing 20 second times.

Not going anywhere without a flywheel, clutch, gearbox, subframe, brakes or wishbones though.... all still not fitted because of issues with the clutch which are unresolved.

Pressure plate fouls the end of the transmission so the box doesn't quite bolt up. It's taller than stock but was hopeful it would fit anyway. It's really close, like 5-7mm, but it's enough to screw to whole fitment.

So I went with using the stock pressure plate and machining 1mm off the flywheel edge to increase clamp load. But there have been other delays now with getting the flywheel machined and subframe not ready until tomorrow, and wiring being a big headache, so I will put the whole thing on hold now until I can source a new pressure plate (I think I have already).

Bright side is it'll make it easier to fit the other mods that haven't arrived from the US yet. I still hope to head down the strip before the season is out.

Well also luckily, as I won't be using the car this Saturday it means I can keep the ACT clutch unused. I was going to use the disc with the stock pressure plate. Now I can sell the clutch to an R33 GTS-T owner on eBay 'as new' and get some money back. But yeah all the machining and trial and error on stuff does add up. I know it'll be worth it when it all comes together though.

Back
Top Bottom