N16 DCi-R

Yeah I did mention the Wilwoods before. R33 GTS-T calipers would be the way to go. But I thought fuck it I'm done playing.

Not had a chance to test nozzles yet. Will get them sent off soon though. I wouldnt know about the VAG lot. I just assume they have VAG tax and they're a different system anyway so it's not comparable.

I know what you mean with the playing. :confused:

Defo different to the VAGies, but I was just saying regarding cost wise. Apparently the Injector Tips swap (Navara's tips to Ours) is quite costly as a special company will need to do it, as to make sure they don't pop off when X amount of pressure is pushed through them, unless of course we get lucky and it's just the case we can just buy & use the Nav Injectors themselves. :cool:

I don't think Navara injectors can be used unless used with Navara ECu. This is because of the registering of injector codes. The 2.2 doesnt do this.

Put some holes in the front engine mount. Will see how this goes and if vibrations are still as bad as Liam found! Left space to make other holes larger.

uploadfromtaptalk1406908433619.jpg

Also being getting rid of some chassis rust. Pleased to find only a few areas of surface rust.

ame2eqa9.jpg

me2u5u4e.jpg

Treated and covered.

yny8yzah.jpg

-phone-

De-rusting done, subframe in (with TDMi collar spacers), steering rack bolted up, arb in. Went to bolt up flywheel but the ARP bolts I've been supplied for this engine have the wrong thread pitch.

I slapped a load of wax over the subframe for extra protection. Hence it looks a bit hazy here.

BTW the collars REALLY show how out of alignment the subframe can be.

IMG_0418.jpg
IMG_0420.jpg IMG_0422.jpg IMG_0423.jpg IMG_0426.jpg IMG_0427.jpg

Needs some TLC

IMG_0416.jpg IMG_0417.jpg

Thanks chaps. Glad I've still got the energy and love for it. Dead excited for it's return now.

Discs have been cryo treated now. Did it with Frozen Solid at a cost of £100 including return delivery. If it works like many have said, then it'll be worth it. Have a google for what it can do for brake discs and you'll understand why.

Flywheel and clutch will go on as soon as I get my ARP bolts sorted. Billcar Engineering are sourcing them for me. On that day the gearbox, wishbones, etc, basically everything else will go back on. Then I'll be left with the god forsaking interior wiring lol. Not looking forward to that tbh but hey ho another thing that'll be worth it when it's done.

Nice.. Keep the updates coming.. :)

How comes progress stopped for a long while & recently kick started suddenly, work been keeping ya busy..?

Finally put together a full list of the mods I've bought since she was last on the road. Only got 3 weeks until JAE...

-TDMi Subframe collars with blasted and powder coated subframe.
-Meister R coilovers 7/6kg (replaces my BC Racing 6/4kg ones).
-Sentra SpecV HLSD
-Custom Single Mass Flywheel.
-Exeedy carbon/metallic clutch modified by 2JR.
-ARP flywheel bolts.
-Wilwood 4-pot 310mm brakes.
-TDi Turbos GT1856V hybrid turbo.
-2JR Superpro poly wishbones with extra caster.
-2JR anti-bump steer track rod ends.
-2JR extended balljoints/roll centre correction.
-2JR engine brace anti-hop delrin bushes.
-2JR antilift kit.
-2JR short shifter and turcite X shifter bushes.
-2JR rear anti-roll bar (Nismo replica).

A few misc things being added:
-Brake cooling ducts.
-PLX oil and EGT gauges and other interior mods (removing climate control and going manual heater/air con).
-Lithium Iron 2kg battery.
-17x7 Lenso Spec C alloys with Continental Sport Contact 5 tyres.
-16x8 Enkei Tarmac alloys with Silverstone slicks.
-Lots of new Nissan nuts and bolts used.

WOW!! Simply wow.... Now that's an update!! Well done man.... JAE really works wonders. Going to feel like a totally new beast altogether!!!

yeah, massive update. Would like to see those new wheels you put on. How did HLSD thing turned out? Could you maybe do a write up of things needed to do the LSD conversion?

Yeah will do. Its basically buy an HLSD. Swap crown gear. New bearings pressed on. Swap into gearbox. Buy P12 2.2 29 spline full shafts and hybrid them with N16 full shafts along with a custom drive shaft which can be bought from Berrisford Engineering.

I'll let you know how well it all fits together next week when i get the shaft delivered.

-phone-

Back
Top Bottom