N16 Hatch suspension solutions...

My main concern with fitting SE-R parts that the mounting points or top mounts would be different themselves however i've seen on the B15 forums that the NISMO Suspension Kit will fit SE-R and non SE-R's alike no problems...

So fingers crossed eh?

*EDIT* the mounts, both front and rear, look similar to our mounts: -

NismoSuspensionKit.gif

thats my thoughts.

from my understanding, the se-r/non se-r top mounts are slightly different. but the TEINS dont come supplied with top mounts. however the k-sports do.

the teins you use your stock top mounts. so i honestly dont see how they could be any different? maybe its because of this rubbing issue, that tein have only advertised the b15 struts as se-r struts?

Haven't a scoobylicious - have you tried contacting TEIN? or searching the B15 forums maybe? Might already have the answers there possibly...

havent contacted tein, but found a post on b15 stating that the se-r struts fit the non se-r, but a slight problem.

now for the life of me, i cant find that thread.

i'm trying to get as much info as possible before i hit up the suppliers. as i find the customer service of most suppliers here in australia, is if its too hard, they wont help, and simply say it cant be done.

My main concern with fitting SE-R parts that the mounting points or top mounts would be different themselves however i've seen on the B15 forums that the NISMO Suspension Kit will fit SE-R and non SE-R's alike no problems...

So fingers crossed eh?

NismoSuspensionKit.gif

the consensus here in australia, is that the n16 sedan struts are different lengths to the hatch struts. being money conscious, i'm trying to find someone to lend me a set of their stock shocks and springs to work out if this is the case.

but i'm sure if you blokes are fitting the non se-r k-sports, then it really shouldn't be much if at all a problem.

The fronts are nearly PERFECT for fitment. The top mounts are great mounts and come with camber adjustment but can be taken off and swapped for standard top mounts if you want. I wouldn't see the point in this personally...

The fronts and rears come with FIVE (that I can feel) different "rebound" settings which although technically different from dampening...does the same thing. Harder...and its HARD...softer and its nae bad.

I contacted apex again today who informed me they have sent my findings off to K-Sport reg the rears. Any adjustments will be made and carried on ALL future coilovers for this model. This will be at the manufacturers cost.

Patience people... I certainly hope this doesn't drag on...

patience?

i've been looking into decent suspension for over a year now, since my warranty ran out. i think the information i have gathered recently has brought me alot closer to having decent coilovers fitted to my car. honestly i feel that the teins would be overall better suited to the roads here in australia, and many other pulsar users would probably agree with me.

when you say the fronts are nearly perfect for fitment what do you mean nearly? what differences are there? i have heard that one of the studs is longer, but that shouldnt affect anything at all. i honestly thought the fronts were a straight swap.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/sd1000/DSC_0731.jpg

a photo of the rear lower tein SS coilovers for the b15. they look extremely similar, only differences i can see really is the lower bush is slightly different. but then again, from my understanding you guys are using a different lower bush to prevent the rubbing issue. i'm sure this could be sorted locally.

ok, just had a usa bloke go check his tein coilovers, for the part that is known to rub. he measured his rear coilovers, to be 7inches in circumference. (equates to 56.624mm diameter) is it possible that anyone has this information for the k-sports?

They are a straight swap. Nothing AT ALL has to be changed on the actual strut. The ONLY thing which is SLIGHTLY off is that the supplied brake pipe bracket is slightly too long to be mounted on the top bolt...and needs to be put on the lower bolt. Nothing major at all.

The patience bit was aimed at Paul/Wraith ;)

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u13/sd1000/DSC_0731.jpg

a photo of the rear lower tein SS coilovers for the b15. they look extremely similar, only differences i can see really is the lower bush is slightly different. but then again, from my understanding you guys are using a different lower bush to prevent the rubbing issue. i'm sure this could be sorted locally.

ok, just had a usa bloke go check his tein coilovers, for the part that is known to rub. he measured his rear coilovers, to be 7inches in circumference. (equates to 56.624mm diameter) is it possible that anyone has this information for the k-sports?
them tein looks sweet :)

So fingers crossed eh?

NismoSuspensionKit.gif

These would be great, would love to be able to get all nismo parts if i could. these arent adjustable though are they? so lowering would be achieve with different springs?

Not adjustable. I'm sure they are great parts and will provide better handling due to uprated shocks,, but for a 15/25mm drop... it makes £400 not really worth it IMO.

ok, i've been and spoken to the local suspension shop, who were pretty unhelpful.

bloke pretty much said, coilovers are a wank factor, and i should just get koni inserts with king springs. then when i stated i want the coilovers, due to planning on doing some track work, so he proceeded to tell me, they can custom make coilovers in house for 3k for all 4.

but he said, if the rear rubbing issue, is the only issue with the teins, then it shouldnt be a problem. i'm going to contact the supplier who im planning on buying them through in the states, and see if i would be able to get a refund, minus postage, if they dont end up fitting.

These would be great, would love to be able to get all nismo parts if i could. these arent adjustable though are they? so lowering would be achieve with different springs?

I'm assuming you're asking can the springs be swapped out with other ones and the answer is no as folks on the B15 Sentra.net forum have tried at their peril... Plus the springs are bespoke as well so even if you done the bodge of trimming down the springs the handling will be shit...

Either that or get some KYB gas dampers and eibach springs and you should be good to go

spring rates, can quiet easily be reset, for different rates.

my local suspension shop can do it.(but its the biggest supplier of springs in my state)

you can use the same springs in the nismo unit, and get them reset. however, adjusting them isnt as simple as jacking the car up, and taking the wheel off.

plus also, when you move to changing spring rates, your playing with fire, when it comes to suspension. there is a fine line between, making the most for your car, and going too far, and actually coming out worse off.

after doing some research,

it seems for the best spring/strut combo, i'd be looking at the koni yellows,(adjustable damper) and eibach springs.

for coilovers(more expensive) i'd be looking at either teins, or k-sports. it seems quiet mixed out there when it comes down to these.

ok, still looking into this.

TEIN just simply pass the buck, and dont want to really help. tein us, passed me onto tein japan, who passed me onto tein australia.

my n16 has abs, and as such has brackets to hold the sensor wire, welded onto the front struts. getting around that is pretty simple. just grind the old brakets off, and weld them onto the new shocks.

just wondering, do you blokes have abs aswell? or not? StevenC did you encounter this with the ksports?

Edit: it seems the SpecV teins have the bracket for the ABS sensor. unsure about the k-sports tho.

Attachments

• DSC00043.JPG
    DSC00043.JPG
    220.8 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom