Nate's N15

interior just need a S14a/GTi steering wheel and maybe a leather gear gaiter now to cap it of a treat. great work tho, really coming along nicely.

dd

Thanks, Joey.

It happened like this;

On Saturday I serviced it at home, all was cool. Took it for drive to a mates place.

Then on Sunday, I got in it and tried to start it and it wouldn't crank over. I knew it was definitely the battery because a few months ago I flattened it and has been gay ever since.

So whacked it on charge for about an hour (no jumper pack) and then threw it back in the car, it then started. Went to Repco and bought a battery.

It was then I noticed Clark Rubber was just down the road. So I thought, I might check out this 4WD guard flare.

Asked the bloke there and he said yep we have two different types (smaller and larger) so I got the smaller.

It was only $9.95 p/m so I grabbed 3 metres.

Bought some screws and there we have it, a DIY Clark Rubber spec front lip :)

Cheers,
Nathan.

I was actually thinking about doing my rear bar as well... I have some shocking skirts atm, so it might look a bit weird, but I want to snazzy up the rear a bit... I'd like pods too but yeah.

Looks awesome tho Nathan ;)

Here's what I've been upto....

2 weeks ago I bought a set of AD22VF front brake calipers off a fellow PGA forum member. (Thanks Rob).

Got them delivered to my door not long after and was quite excited.

The day after I got them, I couldn't help myself, so, I dismantled them.

I also ordered my caliper rebuild kits from Race Brakes Sydney.

That weekend I planned to start the cleaning process. But unfortunately I got a tummy bug 
So with that weekend written off, this weekend I had to get started on the cleaning process. I tell you, this was a bastard to do. A shitload of degreaser and wax and grease remover sandpaper, and a wire brush, and, of course, the key ingredient patience got the job done. ;)

And then I got the primer coat on. Waited for it to dry and got some painting going on!

So next weekend I’ll be cleaning my brake components and beginning the rebuild. And a few other goodies to arrive ;)
Cheers,
Nathan.

Centre Console with the lid.

I love this one, its in great condition, however the lid is JUST hanging on. But I am going to fix it. (I now know why the guy was selling it so cheap! but for AUD$25 whos complaining.

Here a pic -

Not a lot happening with the AD22VFs at the minute, I have just recently inspected the caliper pistons and have found they need replacing. But finding new ones is proving difficult. ("I can order them in, but they will take a long time to arrive") is what I get from the shop keep.

However I have put in the pin bolt rubbers. This is how they look at the moment.

Cheers,
Nathan.

Back
Top Bottom