New pics of my GTI

I really like what you're doing with the headlights, if i had an Almera i'd shamelessly copy

My splitter in its current state
Picture047.jpg

My parrot bluetooth handsfree....Highly recommended brilliant bit of kit.

Picture052.jpg

Me other gti'd up ph2 light of that guy on Ebay

Picture055.jpg

The other grill I'm butchering

Picture057.jpg

Had a busy wee day today.

100_0371.jpg

100_0372.jpg

looks much better and cleaner from the front, hopefully get the splitter painted tomorrow and cowboy something up for the clear side repeaters.

how did you got about doing your headlights, is there a basic guide you followed, think they look mint.

Was it hard to do, if not that hard may try myself.

any tips etc...

I just put them in the oven for about 5 mins at a time. get a knife into it 'gently' or you could crack it.

Takes a bit of time the glue is solid, just need to keep putting it back in and separate it a bit at a time.

Then mask it up and halfords satin black paint. Take your time and mask it up, i polished it to take of some over spray and it started to take the silver off.

It took a while loads of coats of paint, but it was worth it.

Looks better in the flesh tbh.

Grill is a little different too, my cars obviously had a dint at some point. so I modified the grill to sit under the bonnet, makes it look a wee bit meaner i think.

Raining today so no chance of painting the splitter or cleaning the mofo :(

cheers for the info.

how did you go about sticking them back together again? was it just a case of sticking them back in the oven to reheat the glue and then push and hold together.

Yeah mate, took a few times in the oven, the glue becomes really soft, didn't want them to get too hot tho :)

Then i sat them on the lense on a dish towel to make sure it stayed stuck right and didn't slip, if that makes any sense.

Yeah, what a transformation on the front end. Looks mean!!! Looksing forward to seeing it on sunday! What's next in line, apart from painting the splitter?

Matt

Ph2 lights were both from ebay, one was a genuine nissan other one was a copy.

Next on the list is to sort out the rust, its not too bad at the minute, but I want to try and have a bash at fixing it myself, so I'll wait till after F&M. If I make an arse of it it can go and get fixed properly.

Don't really want to do much else body wise, just tidying up. I like the look of the kit etc. Might have a go and fix those 17" wheels I have in the shed and spray them black.

Then it's engine work time :)

I tried taking apart my p1 indicator and spraying that up as a test, it wasn't that difficult just take a bit of time to get them apart safely.

Mine doesn't look as dark as yours tho? maybe cos they are p1's. Did you spray the lens on the reflective (silver bit) on the indicator?

Also for the headlight which bit did you spray, lens or the other bit?

I just sprayed the reflectors in both lights.

Suteki took me ages and its still not perfect, might get another one and take it really slow.

Well, it been a while since I updated this and did anything to the car really. Money has been a bit tight.

so when I've had a spare minute I've been fixing up my wheels that came with the car. Tehy were pretty bad, but I took my time on them so I can get them looking good.

Was going to get them powdercoated, but if I can I like to do things myself. So been faffing about with filler primer and paint.

The state of them before

DSC00137.jpg

One done 3 to go

DSC00141.jpg

Going to keep my old 15's for during the winter etc

Colour is Pearlescent Honda Nighthawk Black.

Once I get this done, I'm going to sort out the rust as its getting worse.

Once I do that, I've got a nice wee project lined up to get a 7" Touchscreen LCD moulded into the centre console (where the stereo currently sits) and run a SFF PC through it and get the data from the OBD port running through like below.
datascandatadisplay.jpg

Ideally, I'm hoping this will Evoscan program will support Nissan OBD1 by the time I'm ready to use it, Its in the pipeline.

CoolGaugeLayout.gif

Hoping to have this done for F+M money permitting

Back
Top Bottom