Nialls Vzr N1

i see his point for sure and thought it odd all those years back. same with exhaust flanges, you always fit the nut facing the rear incase its ever hit by anything - habbit i guess lol

Not a massive amount to report... my delivery from gspec arrived so i was able to fit the rear mount which completed the engine mount set, stuck on the water pump and lightened pulley as Damo was running an electric racecar water meizure, and stuck the engine in.

ry9ajyhe.jpg

dy5ugaha.jpg

ry3a5e8a.jpg

y6a5yjyb.jpg

Turned the key and nada.... it started backfiring through the intake mani. Primed the engine to get the fuel up to the rail and turned the key, petrol started pissing out of the exhaust mani.. freaked the fuck out, pulled the plugs and sure enough cylinder two was full of petrol.
Turned the engine over, got a petrol shower and then lost my will to live.
Would i be right in thinking its a stuck injector causing the cylinder to fill like that?
This was completley unexpected and unavoidable im just hoping i havent bent a valve or worse....

At that point it was to late to investgate further as the trailer arrived to take the car to paint so i wont get looking at it for another few weeks. First thing to do when it lands is drink a bottle or two and do a compression test... :(

Have you had the injectors out of the rail? I had the exact same thing with mine. It was dude to the injector seals being split.

I must have been drunk when fitting

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

No dude never touched the rails at all. Reckon it was from sitting idle in the shed for a few months, when it returns i'll be stripping it to have a look.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I'd have a guess at a stuck injector. Did the motor stay in when it went to paint? Maybe get the rail off and get the injectors flow tested and checked. Not that expensive and would answer a question.

Yeah man didnt have time to pull it that night as it had to go to paint. Im just hoping i havent done any damage to the head.. yeah compression test first anyway and then il check all the injectors then.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Im not a mechanically minded person at all but that Happend me Niall.

left it run left low on petrol after sitting up for a while....got so low it chugged and when i topped up it miss firied lke a cunt and what petrol i put in just went right away.

Was told it was slightly blocked just drive it to clear it so i did and was smokey as good fuck and drinkning juice...finally i just said fuck it and turned it off....went to run it a while later and kept mis firiing and a " Bong Bong" sound....So left it

had a nissan mechanic look at and cylinder was full to the tits with petrol, Soaked it out using a tampon and did what he had to do...changed injector on cylinder 3 and it started fine....was grit from empty tank blocking one the injectors...

If id tried to toll start it like i was goign to do at one point would have been some bang id say

If the cylinder is full of fuel you risk bending the rods, and knowing how puny 16ve rods are I don't imagine that would be too hard...

Just change the two injectors on that cyl and you will be flying. Injectors are the same as bluetop so easy got but I'd say ya already knew that

Called over to collect a few bits to bring home wrap and safely store till the cars ready for final assembly.
He had the car finished and rolled out of the oven for me to have a look as i hadn't seen it in person since i dropped it off with him.
Very very happy with the results, these are a few pics i took on the phone. Wont be posting any more till she's finished and back together.
I'll be collecting her tomorrow afternoon and bringing her home and getting her going first of all.
Thanks for the kind words lads.... and Damo, ya daaag.

Back
Top Bottom