Nialls Vzr N1

Problem I've found with the items under the car I've had powder coated is it gets chipped off. Everything I've painted is holding up well though.

Problem I've found with the items under the car I've had powder coated is it gets chipped off. Everything I've painted is holding up well though.

Sam, but you probably didn´t put the zinc coat before the powder coating... I got all the parts professionally coated by zinc and then were powder coated. In that case it could hold up much longer... /I was said that powder coat holds up the best with zinc coat/. Also depends how good are the parts sandblasted...

Powdercoat is really quite brittle. If a stone hits it; it will chip. If you're worried about it just use helicopter tape on the leading edges or get it clear coated over the top.

I heard and saw that on a few cars where the powdercoated bits were fairly stonechiped sobi opted for painting them instead. Zinc/etch primed, 1k primed, 1k black and silver then laquered.

Got all of my new parts this morning so set about getting her back on all fours.
New balljoints, track rod ends, inner tie rods, droplinks and new mintex discs and pads all round. I want to get it tested and on the road for the summer so i will be upgrading the brakes in a few months.
Plumbed up the brakes bar the rear paso side as the line is wanked and need to make up a fresh one...
Ordered new indicators and blanks from Nissan yesterday to keep it fresh in the front and also cause its impossible to get a clean set..

Few pics of it as it stands. Doors on now and ready for engine and box at the weekend. Then its off for paint early next week.
zesenaty.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Phone fail...
ne5aby7u.jpg

hadude5a.jpg

ume7y8et.jpg

arygysa3.jpg

ha7epada.jpg

jaquregu.jpg

tady5a8a.jpg

a8esy7av.jpg

Also finished up early in the shed so i tipped home and started priming the SSR's. So far so good!
e7ysa4uq.jpg

juguna4y.jpg

Thats where im at so far. Currently waiting on a waterpump and pullies from Gspec to arrive and a lightened fly so i can whack in the engine and box.

Hehehe knew ya'd cop that. I just fired it together to get it rolling and off the lift but will be sorting the niggly bits saturday.

Reactions: Sam
I thought it was just because it made getting at the nut easier as opposed to undoing the bolt

I don't use my shell up built almera off road so i'm ok. I even occasionally wash it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom