Nissan Almera 1.4

R-Tech is far superior to VVL.

The only problem as you know is the excess strain it puts on the gearbox and don't I know it!!!

There's your answer Dave. You wouldnt need to hunt for a DCi box if the R-Tech was more common. I mean it's got to be as strong?

There's your answer Dave. You wouldnt need to hunt for a DCi box if the R-Tech was more common. I mean it's got to be as strong?

The cost of fitting the R-Tech system to my SR20 was enough, let alone having to have a custom bellhousing made to fit the R-Tech gearbox.

The cost of fitting the R-Tech system to my SR20 was enough, let alone having to have a custom bellhousing made to fit the R-Tech gearbox.

Thought it was the bellend joint you needed custom made? Here's me telling my mates the wrong info!

Just seen this thread! :eek:

If this is seriously an R-Tech, the only real way to tell is by looking at the rear suspension.

If there`s a plug above the swing arm on both sides, this is for the rear tyre pressure sensors (where do you think Renault got the idea from for the laguna?), if the pressure in any tyre drops below 20psi a light will come on above the temp guage on the dash, either above or below the yellow engine check light, can`t remember exactly.

This was a very basic, experimental system by Nissan, but Renault adopted & fine tuned it & fitted it on the Laguna when they entered partnership with Nissan.

I`ve had my rear suspension off & totally refurbed it (pics in my GTi members rides thread), so did a fair bit of research into it.

If you haven`t got those plugs at the front of the rear arch, it`s not a true R-Tech.

Even if the rear beam has been replaced by a standard N15 unit, the plugs should still be hanging out of the cills.

Hope this helps. :)

Either the system`s stopped working after 10 years, or it`s been disconnected.

Seriously, check fot the wiring on the rear arches, or it`ll have a cable going to the front hubs.

If the wires are there, there should be a 10a fuse for it under the dash, check it hasn`t blown.

If there`s a plug above the swing arm on both sides, this is for the rear tyre pressure sensors (where do you think Renault got the idea from for the laguna?), if the pressure in any tyre drops below 20psi a light will come on above the temp guage on the dash, either above or below the yellow engine check light, can`t remember exactly.

This was a very basic, experimental system by Nissan, but Renault adopted & fine tuned it & fitted it on the Laguna when they entered partnership with Nissan.

Renault may well have adopted it from Nissan but they havent perfected it very well! We have an 02 Laguna and I have swapped the front and rear wheels to even out tyre wear (the Gunas eats front tyres for a past time) but the bloody warning system still thinks the rears are on the rear.

That means when the tyre pressure is low in the fronts, the dashboard warning system flashes the rear tyre symbol at me :confused:

Funking French rubbish, I bet biscuit's R-Tech system would recognise the wheels had been swapped front to back!.

Trug

I heard that Nissan made special lightweight nuts and bolts for the K-Tech, they were specifically manufactured for this model, have a look at the head of the bolt, usually this is the strength of the bolt, but on these specially made bolts they are the lightness, off the top of my head should be between 7 and 9,

There has been some confusion in this thread.
The true bits are, The power output of the R-tech is the highest of any 1400cc to this date, and the chassis is lightened and strengthened we are led to believe.
I'm not sure about the suspension myself, I personally believe this was media just hype, as the one R-tech me and StufaGTi went to view appeared to have GTi dampers with unknown springs.
Joe

Back
Top Bottom