Nissan Pulsar VZR N1 1.6 to 2.0 Project

Nice piece of work you have there... there are quite a few options for piggy back and standalone ECUs. With regard to the GReddy Ultimate e-Manage, would not the V-Manage be more appropriate seeing it is expressly for the VV type - just a thought. Then there's the daughter board option with Jez @ Horsham Developments?

You give me a pin out diagram and wiring diagram for an N1 then!!!

I am looking at the ultimate has an N1 has 8 injectors so i think ya need the ultimate. And looking at daughter boards aswell but remem im in Ireland and not alot of ppl have exp with an N1 ecu

8 is alot better for high RPM.

Nice build, loving the split and stick method...saves racking any bottom end open.

Agree and disagree, all over the sr20 forums you get this. They say 8cw for reliability but for faster revving and more power the 4cw. Reliablity means over 100k miles! Sure i might stroke it to 2.3 by then!!

Ya the split stick as you call is the easiest option and we had engine stripped and rebuilt, in a few hours.

Cheers,

I know but the N1 pistons wouldnt suit so id need new pistons aswell, this way i didnt have to do anything with bottom end just bolt off head bolt on head. Also using the sr20ve with N1 head i get a cr of about 11.8:1

I wrote above that people could do this.

Now i didnt know that the 4cw crank came in the gti. Thought it was an 8cw

Got ya!

Surely though, if you will be doing a full remap then the higher compression would be better.

Map it for Optimax and dial out some ignition timing if needs be.

Either way, good luck with the build and keep us posted.

Cheers

Dave

A little off topic but... Could the 4 CW crank and rods from a regular roller rocker Almera GTi engine be used on a Bluetop VZR engine for 2 litre capacity and extra torques?

Excellent build thread btw, setting a great example.

sweeeeeet, will be similar to mine except for the cams, 1mm shaved off and the inlet mani/TB, although i did have my SR16 head skimmed before i bolted it on, im going to try a unichip for mine, using the DE ecu, MAF and dizzy, VE 333cc injectors.

are you going to be using all 8 squirters? that will be a task when it comes to mapping if you are, id just get 4x 370cc injectors and blank off the 4 underside holes

Well if you go standalone, the MoTeC M800 can cater for 8 injectors but its a pricey option. You're right about the V-manage only handling 4 cylinders whereas the e-Manage Ultimate handles 8 injectors.

Here's a close related discussion with our buddies on the Pulsar forum.
http://forum.pulsar.org.au/showthread.php?p=1552448

I do have a contact in Japan with EndlessR who could make a direct query with Nissan, let me know.

A little off topic but... Could the 4 CW crank and rods from a regular roller rocker Almera GTi engine be used on a Bluetop VZR engine for 2 litre capacity and extra torques?

Excellent build thread btw, setting a great example.

Yes, it could, provided that you use the correct sized bearings.

Compression will be very high though at around 14:1.

Skim around 1mm off the tops of the pistons to bring it back down to a resonable level.

fuel pump is good for atleast 250BHP would be good to put an FPR on there an up the fueling as it will be running slightly lean now.. but it has dule fule rails so i dont know exactly how the pressure is regulated standard/..

poc thats awsome the manifold alone will give you a huge pile of power its awsome :D

Ya the standard fueling system is supposed to be ok, I have a FPR there but was told i wont need it, i have an N1 ecu now with daughterboard and a rom for a sr20ve so it should be running ok.
Will do another update on ecu shortly.

@raceworx ya i really like the manifold, they swear by ya man that makes them in america, big sr20 head.

Ya the standard fueling system is supposed to be ok, I have a FPR there but was told i wont need it, i have an N1 ecu now with daughterboard and a rom for a sr20ve so it should be running ok.
Will do another update on ecu shortly.

@raceworx ya i really like the manifold, they swear by ya man that makes them in america, big sr20 head.

yeah charles its the guy i got all my ecu stuff of.. what he doesnt know about SR20's aint worth knowing.. :D

i know how much his headers are lol you must be minted :p

Back
Top Bottom