Nistro's GTi

more than happy i wanted to put it on my car right away but i gotta clean it up and spray it :(

tho IT WILL BE ON BY THE END OF THE WEEKEND

yeah but Sam's eyesight is so good he could see the baseplates were too thin from couple of blurry pictures :lol:

its a fiberglass copy, as in two halves molded seperately then joined together, not injection molded so there be the line you see ;)

plus do you really think if it was cracked I'd be praising the guys work :confused: trust me the seam is as smooth as a babies botty ;)

... --- ...

my eyesights incredible mert

thats fair enough if its the seam, will be the same place Ashamans cracked then

maybe it was as it's one of the weaker spots in this type of moulded product, but I'm not sure as he hasn't posted pics but as his was shipped in bubblewrap and brown paper it also likely cracked where ever the courier smacked it, as we all know how gentle they are with parcels lol

... --- ...

well my good mood got ruin by the stupid ass fucking car which im gonna put a fucking match to.... with all the other little problems ive had we took the camber out tonight just getting ready for winter went to drive home car was totally undriveable there is around 3mm of end play on the passenger side of the steering rack... so off ot the scrap yard to rip a steering rack off a SRi that is in there atm.

now i remember a while ago ppl where talking about putting sri and gx racks into GTI's did anyone do it and what did it feel like after it was done ?

---------- Post added at 01:27 ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 ----------

haha, if you sleep with it dude you'll break it

Steve

wifes on the couch the spoiler is tucked up in bed with me atm gotta keep it warm and loved

wifes on the couch the spoiler is tucked up in bed with me atm gotta keep it warm and loved

he's not joking either lol :D

as for this n15 arrggghhhhh i can see why ross was close to chucking in the towel with the tech, every time we fix something on this car something else goes wrong, it's like a bloody soap opera, by the end of the year we will have replaced every consumable part on the car and then some!! only good thing is that should see her sorted for a good few years to come

hmm so its just a slower rack than the gti has anyone done it and how does the slower rack feel on the gti

People have upgraded to the gti rack, don't think anyone has done it the otherway effectively down grading...

Though I think possibly the autechs may have the same/similar rack.

I doubt you will notice a difference

only reason the sri rack is getting used as a though is there is one in my local scrap yard so it would be just a case of going and getting it and getting it fitted as atm the car just feels awful to drive

People have upgraded to the gti rack, don't think anyone has done it the otherway effectively down grading...

Though I think possibly the autechs may have the same/similar rack.

I doubt you will notice a difference

Yeah autechs have a pov spec rack

Somehow also have a tighter turning circle too by about 1m

we have a parcel, 2 days from Greece to the UK impressive!

very well packaged, box was wrapped in strong brown paper but I never took photos of that

and the spoiler in all its beauty, Elias you are a great Guy and have made a very good quality copy :shades:

and a very happy man with his new toy :D

sorry about the crappy pics, not enough light for the phone camera, better pics will be taken during painting and fitting :)
... --- ...

Phil, thanks a lot! I'm glad it arrived in perfect condition and of course very happy that you are satisfied by the quality of the work. :) :)

no problem, anyone who knows me will know I give credit where its due :)

more pics and stuff to follow after the rack battle is completed!

... --- ...

and it begins, high bulid blind coat ftw ;)

2011-12-02164542.jpg

... --- ...

Spoilers looking tasty there guys :) your rack failed because you didn't fit said spoiler on straight away ;) haha
Joking aside hope things go well for you after it mate seems like you've had enough shite to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom