Nistro's GTi

Looks good.. Ph2 UKdm rear lights defo letting it down though

glad to see someone else done the black splitter on the rear ph2 bumper lip good mod!

to move it to the left when looking from the rear it is :tt2::lol:

... --- ...

Hahahah this again.. :p
You're visualising it wrong somewhere Phil, probably a genuine mix up.

Now, I hope that the new beam solves all Nistro's problems...

But if not, then this diagram shows how to adjust it.
SHORTEN to move beam RIGHT
LENGTHEN to move beam LEFT
So in this case.. it would have needed shortening slightly. (to move the beam right, and away from the passenger arch. I think the 10mm extension you gave the QT link, was a little too much!)

412.jpg

Joe

I'm pulling your leg bud, hence the smilies lol. yeah the rear beam fixed the problem a couple months back, the problem was exactly as I thought in that after the bump the two mounting bolts for the panhard rod on the rear beam were bent about 10mm off the true, so no matter what we did it was never going to sit true again

... --- ...

Lol yeah new beam sorted it all out. yeah eddie I did the black spliter section in the rear ages ago, plans left are amber bulges vzr rears and satin black arch extentions and the CF wings that bolt through the front bumper to tie in front arches after cutting out the dead metal, then a nice new coat of bs7

sent from the little box in my hand

Ah no way, must have been one hell of a smack!
Glad its sorted now, I had to beam swap my first micra after a curbing incident, not fun!

Lol yeah new beam sorted it all out. yeah eddie I did the black spliter section in the rear ages ago, plans left are amber bulges vzr rears and satin black arch extentions and the CF wings that bolt through the front bumper to tie in front arches after cutting out the dead metal, then a nice new coat of bs7

The plans sound evil !!!
Joe

Shockily the love tap wast even at any great speed 40 max think it was just because I had saved the skid but was travelling side ways so car hit dead on kurb side on. Got a pic of the destroyed grid somewhere

sent from the little box in my hand

Ah no way, must have been one hell of a smack!
Glad its sorted now, I had to beam swap my first micra after a curbing incident, not fun!

The plans sound evil !!!
Joe

well here's what happened to the front wheel, the back took just as big a shunt but it was fully side on so the beam took the impact, tbh we were really lucky that was all the damage done

2011-07-29181812.jpg

... --- ...

You know the scott russel link attatches to an inverted triangle under the chassis. Did you check the spotwelds on that? rekon might of teared a few.

At least you can get new rotas.. id cry if I broke one of my alloys can't get them anymore

CF wings.. you mean a whole cf wing or just carbon fibre arch extension on the front?

You know the scott russel link attatches to an inverted triangle under the chassis. Did you check the spotwelds on that? rekon might of teared a few.

At least you can get new rotas.. id cry if I broke one of my alloys can't get them anymore

CF wings.. you mean a whole cf wing or just carbon fibre arch extension on the front?

eddie mate did u read the last few posts where it clearly states fitting the new rear axel fixed the problem and that the old was was bent in places ?.

that and also the QT link does NOT attach anywhere to the chassis it only connects to the panrod and the rear axel its the panrod that connects to that part of the chassis

that and also the QT link does NOT attach anywhere to the chassis it only connects to the panrod and the rear axel its the panrod that connects to that part of the chassis

You know what I meant did you check the welds on the part the rear suspension links to the chassis its only weak spotwelds.. if you bent the axle its not improbable to think it could damage that part. I appreciate you have said that the old axle was bent but the damage finished purely at that? lucky if it did then fair.

The top part inverted triangle..

HOWTO1.jpg

if there were any broken welds im sure they would have been obvious when undoing a bolt with that level of torque on it eddie

You know what I meant did you check the welds on the part the rear suspension links to the chassis its only weak spotwelds.. if you bent the axle its not improbable to think it could damage that part. I appreciate you have said that the old axle was bent but the damage finished purely at that? lucky if it did then fair.

The top part inverted triangle..

HOWTO1.jpg

FFS eddie i put my kids and my family in my car now, i know that not a responsibility that u have to content with at your stage in puberty so do u really think i would have rebuilt the car without making sure EVERY possible part that could have been damaged was not replaced/checked and then double checked. think before u post it will make u look less of a fool at the end of the day

Back
Top Bottom