Nistro's GTi

2011-06-06154758.jpg

Picked these up today from parcel force

also updated front page with spec list now

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

they charge all that extra money and you've still to pick them up from their depot, cheeky fookers lol. these will tighten her up no end mate!

- I'M ON MY MOOOBBIILLEEEE!!!!!!!! -

well got a a package from steve today quick trip to motor factors mask up the splitter and some black and and here we go

2011-06-07161140.jpg

btw this is one of these post where i dont care if no one likes it i love it :) and im shareing the pic with yous

Looks good but think the purple surround on the lights needs to be done blue or black to work fully!
Quite tempted to do this to my splitter to keep the black theme going, but did you mean u mask up the splitter with black tape, or masked the bumper to spray the splitter?

yeah sry chris i ment masked the bumper to spray the splitter lol.

lol yeah rich i have been after one for ages and i think your right i need those lights to get it to work but they aint cheap lol.

on another note im aboutt o go and take the front bumper off and removed the splitter and and do it black as well also thinking the 2 slat grill black as well

so today got round to going and picking up some hard pipe to replace the black plastic intake pipe and to my surpise while taking ever thing off i looked inside one of the breather pipes to find this
2011-07-20161551.jpg

now please tell me if this is ment ot be in there cause atm im thinking its part of a pipe cleaner thats snapped off when some muppet has been trying to clean it then just left it there.

but anyway here is a pic of the finished work

2011-07-20172505.jpg

ohh fuck erm jsut so i remember right its the pipe that goes to the iac yeah and not the one that goes to the breather on the rocker

ok so update a little. well a couple of weeks back after returning from picking up some tools me and phil hit a patch of oil in the GTI and the back end went out on us now the damage in the picture belive it or not is the best case senerio the worst was we went down the gully to spiky sharp rocks or we whipped right round and hit the wall now before anyone says a word about speed i was doing 40 and form the skid must have been doing about 30 when we hit the kurb.

damage to front wheel
2011-07-25190418.jpg

now that wheel has been replaced and im hoping once things get better for me i can find somewhere that would be able to fix it so i could use it as a strip wheel once i put some slicks on it. the back end also took some damage but other than the edge of the whyeel getting scuffed the wheel is fine but the back end bar has taken some damage pics of rear beam and such later. now what this small accident did was spur me on even harder than before so a trip to the local motor factors saw 2 new lower arms and a blow torch and me burning the shit outta them and putting the energy suspension bushes on the front. fast forward to today dropped the rear arm only to find more damage than we first though (we think) now this is where u guys come in i need yous to look at the next two pictures and tell me if this is normal on a car that has been sat lowered for over a year now.

2011-08-06173249.jpg

and

2011-08-06173306.jpg

now if this is all ok then a QT link and the new bushes wi9ll be going on tommorrow so i can get the car back on the road but here are a few pics of where i got rained off and gave up for the night.

2011-08-06173229.jpg

2011-08-06192149.jpg

2011-08-06192142.jpg

2011-08-06192134.jpg

sorry if my grammar sucks.

remember i need an answer on that section of the beam

cheers all willie

iirc. that bush is offset anyway, so that looks normal to me.

Here are the pics from when I refurbed the rear beam on chris180s GTi when I had it.

Sorry they`re not the best, but I think you can see that the end bush is offset slightly.

But whether it should be as far out as yours is Will, I honestly don`t know. :(

SP_A0125.jpg

SP_A0130.jpg

SP_A0131.jpg

Hope this helps. :)

EDIT:

Just had a closer look at the pic from above & both link mounts do look slightly bent. :(

EDIT x2: I imagine you hit the passenger side wheels?
If so, the mounts I mentioned earlier would be bent the other way, so I`d say that beam was fine. :)

Back
Top Bottom