Nistro's GTi

i must have lost so much weight i've become invisible, must have been really spooky for you having an invisible helper today :eek::lol:

and as i said earlier that bush is fookered, it's completely separated from one side so is useless for it's intended purpose :(

i must have lost so much weight i've become invisible, must have been really spooky for you having an invisible helper today :eek::lol:

and as i said earlier that bush is fookered, it's completely separated from one side so is useless for it's intended purpose :(

goes without saying when it comes to cars we do all of it together lol

ok so today saw more work on the rear arm of the gti after taking everything apart and sitting it down to sand and grind rust awa i looked back at the before mentioned bush i though was damaged and found this to my surprise
2011-08-07165631.jpg

2011-08-07165625.jpg

hmm so the bush had re centered itself with there was no weight on it right i though got my big screw driver out and pretty much rammed it down the hole and shock it about to see to what extent the damage was but there was nothing both top and bottom where still strong and undamaged like previously though. quick look about to see if me and phil had any polyurethane sealant and we did score so time to pack that mount solid with the stuff which should offset the 10+ years of use it has seen.

2011-08-07171037.jpg

2011-08-07171046.jpg

after this i gave it a quick coat of underseal as i had left baremetel when i had been cleaning the arm up. out with the QT link and in it went next

2011-08-07171734.jpg

2011-08-07171747.jpg

which leaves me only the bushes on the trailing arm to do and then get it back up into the car and set the QT link out to offset any movement in the rear arm when the car has been lowered. will post more pics of the bushes going into the rear arm once i get it done

cheers
willie

oppsies that's silicone that's in my gun mate not polyurethane, it wont last a day on the car, and the outer part of the bush was separated bud. like I said yesterday you'll need to order windscreen adhesive if you want polyurathane.

-- sent from my GTI-9000, no iSheep here --

ok need help before i strip the rear axel down again and incasr me and phil have missed something.

ive fitted the new bushes put the qt link in with a 10mm push to try and sort this out but here are the pics of how the car STILL sits atm

passenger side

2011-08-12173807.jpg

2011-08-12173834.jpg

driver side

2011-08-12173817.jpg

2011-08-12173827.jpg

now as you can see the driver side is why out other than damage to the axel or panrod how else would i have done this all the measurements underneath all match up please help me

cheers willie

My SRi was like this back and front (The first one). The suspension mounts were bending and trying to shear out of the chassis, dunno if that's what caused it.

My SRi was like this back and front (The first one). The suspension mounts were bending and trying to shear out of the chassis, dunno if that's what caused it.

ok so check all suspension :)

btw i should mention when the panrod was not connected to the car the rear axel seemed to sit straight so im going to test that theroy in more tommorrow by removing it from the picture and see where the axel sits then

just looks like you have adjusted the QT link in the wrong way

even if it were (it is lenghten to move the axle to the right, from the rear of the car iirc) the wheel sat at the same place no matter the length of the adjustable srl, I think the two panhard rod mounting bolts on the rear axle are bent, and maybe even the panhard rod itself, as it has a distinct curve, but I'm not sure if the n15's one is supposed to be curved or not?

-- sent from my GTI-9000, no iSheep here --

ok so ross and rick where up today and ross brought with him my new p1 bumper but he forgot the splitter so im missing that atm, here is a pic of how it sits atm now before u all say aobut the high the car is sitting at the top of a hill going into our garage

2011-11-06141847.jpg

personally i think this looks so much better on the car than the p2 all i need now is my splitter :)

see i though that as well but it is straight so it must have been the angle i got the pic front and the way the car was sitting, the drive aint very flat and the way the light is hitting that part of the bumper jsut makes it look weird

Reactions: IT
looking at the pic its a reflection of the garages roof that's making the bumper look bent, you can see where the overhead door is ;) must say it looks awesome in person, much meaner than the ph2 as the wheels are more pronounced :shades:

... --- ...

TY joe but the whole rear axel has been replaced it was bent and twisted at the middle section so everything at the back runs true now :)

Back
Top Bottom