Nistro's GTi

Don't really see the point in the spray bars then, but fair enough.

Good progress.

with the planned tubby install and the slightly raised redline the spray bars just offer a little bit more lubrication for the cams and rollers, and as the work involved to fit them is minimal i see no reason not too :)

[troll-noiseup] and if there good enough for a ve they must be more than good enough for a lowly de [/troll-noiseup :D]

....phone....

heh I was going to get "treat it nice till the first oil change" written on the inside of his eyelids, but he knows himself to not get carried away till then, though as the bottom end has already been run in by ross there isn't too much need to be too nice to it other than to get a couple of hundred miles and the first oil change by to see everything is working as it should. though to be honest were both excited and can't wait to bring it back to life, and i'd think we're in the wrong hobby if we weren't :D

....phone....

well nistro's always had a problem with adhesive residue on the door he swapped over from his old gti, and he's tried loads of stuff (tardis, autoglym tar remover, other sticker and tar removers) and hard work to get it off of the door to no avail, so when I told him about toffee wheels he couldn't believe it would be so easy, anyway here's some before and after shots

IMG_20120612_154223.jpg

IMG_20120613_133532.jpg

IMG_20120613_133449.jpg

residue no more bud, toffee wheels ftw lol :)

....phone....

Sweet! Where can I get them from as I have the tops of the doors to sort??! Lol I've also tried everything I can think of but to no avail either :/

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Looks like you've marred the paint pretty bad with that. They can be bad for it if to much pressure is use. Nothing a machine polish shouldn't fix though.

WD40 or the like is also good at getting it off.

wd40 even failed on this stuff bud, and there is zero marring there, you must need a trip to specsavers lol

the only thing that's noticeable is due to the fact that the paint that was under the residue obviously hasn't faded any and now shows up as darker blue spots lol, but as nistro said we're painting her soon so it's nothing to worry about :)

....phone....

today start like

2012-06-16130307.jpg

today ended like

2012-06-16174411.jpg

have removed the ABS and got told off sam its safe to remove the carbon canister so i will get that removed tomorrow then tis a jsut a case of cleaning down the bay and masking stuff off and giving it a spray.

big thanks to phil and kal for there help today :)

well today saw the last of the engine bay cleaned and the non essentials removed and then me and phil gave he engine bay a spray of paint

IMG_20120617_162805.jpg

Back
Top Bottom