Nizmo's N15 - Pulsar VZ-R sr20 Power'd (Jamaica)

Nice car Nizmo.

Was the SR16 - SR20 conversion straightforward? I want to do this to my VZR, almost the same spec - emanage, DE bottom end etc.
Did you have to upgrade your injectors?

Nice car Nizmo.

Was the SR16 - SR20 conversion straightforward? I want to do this to my VZR, almost the same spec - emanage, DE bottom end etc.
Did you have to upgrade your injectors?

Why would you want to use a de bottom? More Torque? U will have to do some mods to make oil port/lines work.

Well the 16ve/20ve conversion was pretty straightforward. Its even easier if you are using the whole head as opposed to taking out cams from 16 to put into 20. The most technical thing was the change of cams, IMO. The issue is the mgt. U can use a piggyback or Programmed ecu. Otherwise there is nothing to it anyways.

i was talking to you on the SR20-forum.com and neovvl.com matey, my username is gtirwezz on them forums

VE for the win rowdy, the guy who got my 20VE for me has the same set up in his P11 but has a header and a BMC filter and that makes 196whp with SAFC for tuning

Why would you want to use a de bottom? More Torque? U will have to do some mods to make oil port/lines work.

Thanks for the info mate. I think I remember reading somewhere that the DE bottom was stronger and only requires tapped for F & R to the solenoids for cam activation. I have a spare DE in my old N15 GTI & I thought it might be easier to fit the VE head onto the DE. But if it's easier to swap the DE crank & throw in some rods & new pistons etc to the VE then thats the way I'll go.

its a lot easier to just put the head onto your DE bottom, to put the DE crank and rods in you need to swap the girdle, bottom sump and iirc the oil pick up and probably something else ive missed

its a lot easier to just put the head onto your DE bottom, to put the DE crank and rods in you need to swap the girdle, bottom sump and iirc the oil pick up and probably something else ive missed

But would the oil ports match up? How do you deal with that?

Dammn.. this Pulsar looks very nice! Especially the SR20VE.. Dammn I want it so bad! But cost me too much.. :(

A few items I acquired this week:

SSAC Header

Has larger primaries and has a 2.5" outlet.

A pic of the stock manifold

Prothane Urethane engine mounts

Awaiting Clutch. Then I'll make one stop at the mechanic.

Peace

the header and downpipe should easily take you over 180whp :D are you getting a decat pipe or a high flow cat on it?

Nice, I remember when my ssac header looked that new. Haven't got round to fitting it to my VE, still need to enlarge the ports to match the VE head. Are you gonna replace the flywheel when you get the clutch done?

I read that the VE ports are offset slightly from the DE ports (although close to the same size), but if the 2.5" SSAC fit's without port matching it's going on the car tonight!

Yeah, they are offset ( about 3mm upwards ) but the 2.5" primaries are so big they completely cover the ex port holes.

Yes it's 2.5" SSAC

The newer SSAC headers fit without any porting, especially since mine has larger primaries than say a 2.25". I fit the ve gasket on it and there is nothing to port. Some ssac will need porting.

car already have 5Zigen 2.36" (60mm) catback exhaust that came with it from Japan. The previous owner said it is 2.5" but my rough measurement told me its 60mm and the Japanese tend to use metric rather than inches. 2.5" downpipe going into a 2.36" exhaust shouldn't be a real issue tho.

My JWT pop charger is in Miami and should be with me in 1 week's time. However I wont install header, JWT filter and motor mounts until my clutch is here. Still hasn't left Fidanza factory, even after paying for it for over 2 weeks now!

Can anyone tell me performance clutches for sr20 are so scarce? It's a pain in the a$$ to get easy access to these parts. This is what the Honda fellows have over us - easier access to parts...

Back
Top Bottom