Not Quite a GTR's Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you supply Halfords with the paint code? Did you spray in a warm enviroment? Have you used rubbing compound on the final coat when dry?
Have you laqured the final coat? Did you use white plastic primer?

halfords wont give a refund because there selling to ameutuers who often dont have a clue how to paint and will cock it up and expect halfords to take the blame, theres too many variables involved to give a guarantee. plus they make so little money on the paint most of the time that i bet if they give a guarantee they wouldnt be selling it a few months later.

Damo-Sri said:
Did you supply Halfords with the paint code? Did you spray in a warm enviroment? Have you used rubbing compound on the final coat when dry?
Have you laqured the final coat? Did you use white plastic primer?

as above. my old micra was very similar to that silver. i had a nightmare sprayin bits. in the end i found that if i used a white primer, the main colour for a couple of coats and then flat and laquer it, it came out good. nissan silvers need laquering for the silver to stand out...

To be honest, it doesn't look as if the colours different, it just looks like the paint on the light is a lot flatter than the paint on the car.

no longer a problem i went to halfrods with the fucked up paint showed em my car and they agreed it was wrong. They were extreemely helpful mixed me a new can and the colour looks right so im just gonna sand it back and re do it !
Good old halfrauds !!!
lol

ps. pics to follow

paintmatchlol.jpg

just so you can see the diference.
ill finnish the job tonight!!!

Should have sprayed them in black, like what Big_Al had done on his silver GTi. It really gave the back end some contrast.

Mick

ive now colour coded me wing mirrors
colourcodedmirrors1.jpg

and another pic
colourcodedmirrors2.jpg

and ive also finished doin me tail lights

colourcodedlights.jpg

and here is a nice side veiw of me baby !!!!

mycarsideveiw.jpg

i will post another side view pic in a couple of weeks when she has got her gti alloys an suspension with 40mm drop!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom